DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Returned Adobe Premiere Essentials and Photoshop 2018 combo.

MichaelDiggs

Reactions
Looking for a more advanced product. And they just came out with version 2019 of this product too. Right now I'm using VSDC video editor which is a free editor for the basics and a $19 fee to upgrade to the PRO to unlock some of the really nice features. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Anyone else use this?

Video Editing Software. Free Download. #1 Easy Movie Editor for PC/Mac.

I have access to:
Adobe After Affects CC
Illustrator CS6
Photoshop CC 2018 19.1.5
Photoshop Lightroom CC
Photoshop Prelude CC V2018 V7
Premiere Pro CC 2018

Not sure what half of these are, but will find out.

Tried it, but preferred Shotcut and now Resolve 15.

I'm not a fan of Adobe since Affinity Photo from Serif appeared.
Does about the same without stupid subscriptions.
Btw. There is also Darktable, seemingly an open source alternative to Lightroom ...

Reactions: jws926
Used to use the whole Adobe suite but moved to Resolve for video now. Haven't found any half decent replacement for the LR classic/PS combo yet though. You'll have a hard time finding a "more advanced product" in that category. Best guess is you simply haven't found the stuff you're looking for. Of course don't use the new "Lightroom CC" as that's kind of a minimalistic "draft", you want the Classic one.

Last edited:
I’m really liking Affinity for photos and CyberLink Power Director for video.

Both sensibly priced and plenty powerful enough. The Affinity app for the iPad Pro is brilliant also

Reactions: jws926
great thread. go open source! good to get free alternatives

True. There are so many open source free applications out there not sure why enterprise ones are hundreds of dollars. Best image editor I’ve used is free. Called Gimp. I’m sure most of you have heard of it. But for video editing with great features VSDC can’t be beat for $20.

Personally I’d rather climb naked through a mile of barbed wire than suffer GIMP.

Undoubtedly powerful but not friendly to use. For the sake of $40-50 you can have Affinity Photo which is excellent.