DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Review of Freewell MAVIC ND FILTER 6-PACK

I've been using the Taco RC filters regularly for several weeks and have been very happy with the results. They are small and light, and need to go on square to seat properly, but I'm happy with them thus far!

View attachment 6154
I purchased the Taco-RC ND 5 pack about a week ago and material that holds them secure is being crushed on installation and crumbling. The ND32 I've put on and off only 3 times will probably lose the ability to secure the lens after a few more removals. I have email Taco-RC and they responded with "Weird, can you send them back?" to which I replied "Yes, give me a mailing address and a RMA # and how you want them shipped". That was 24 hours ago .... I'm waiting for a response. This is what the ND32 looks like .... (at the top of this Post it appears)
After reviewing many responses from other threads relating to filters for the Mavic, it seems as though the most popular filter (after the corrective modifications relating to gimbal interference in late 2016) is PolarPro. As I live in Australia, I have been waiting to make a decision before ordering and want to get it right 1st time.
As halley stated earlier (Review of Freewell MAVIC ND FILTER 6-PACK) - "there is just too much variation between different Mavics especially the rear gimbal retaining hook, so some people have trouble where others have no trouble at all. Too many conflicting reports on Freewell and PolarPro and Taco filters for this not to be the case."

Reactions: grizzard
View attachment 6154
I purchased the Taco-RC ND 5 pack about a week ago and material that holds them secure is being crushed on installation and crumbling. The ND32 I've put on and off only 3 times will probably lose the ability to secure the lens after a few more removals. I have email Taco-RC and they responded with "Weird, can you send them back?" to which I replied "Yes, give me a mailing address and a RMA # and how you want them shipped". That was 24 hours ago .... I'm waiting for a response. This is what the ND32 looks like .... (at the top of this Post it appears)

The first run Taco filters never worked without gimbal overload so they've made an enemy. the PGYtech ones are light and very nice. Calibrates with drone on and I 've left the CPL filter on. Taco can BURN in HELL

Reactions: Chipmunksky
0f77a3654464e33bb8c6c50dcd0bcc02.jpg

I've used them for only a few flights. Primarily the ND16 in CO. Comes with ND8 and ND4 Super easy to snap on and off. Nice secure fit and comes with a little foam package.

sent from mobile device

I would personally not recommend these filters. Good review as to why not- Flyby Media | London based drone operator

Has anyone had the opportunity to review the MAVIC ND FILTER 6-PACK from Freewell - FILTERS FOR DJI MAVIC 6 PACK ?

I bought the Freewell 6-pack and love it. The padded case fits in the DJI bag in the same compartment as the controller. Never tried to calibrate the gimbal with it on, but so what? I've only needed to calibrate once, and that was after a bad crash into brush and getting rained on HARD.

Get the 6-pack. You won't be sorry.

Reactions: halley
I wish Polar Pro sold just 1 filter, I cant spend 80 bucks at this time :(

I don't have them but there are some good points there. I have the Taco-RC set but I noticed the other day that the ND16 has a crack heading to the center. How that can happen I don't know . .. maybe just squeezing to remove? My next set will be the Polar Pro circular ...

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Hey that's great to see side by side comparison. In the opening 4 - the view with NO filter actually retains more of the natural colour and looks good. I noticed with my own platinum and first flights/video just the other day the footage at 4k is really good. I have yet to see any compelling video comparison worthy of my approx $130AUD for filters.

Hey that's great to see side by side comparison. In the opening 4 - the view with NO filter actually retains more of the natural colour and looks good. I noticed with my own platinum and first flights/video just the other day the footage at 4k is really good. I have yet to see any compelling video comparison worthy of my approx $130AUD for filters.
I do not know what settings you are using for your camera but the way I have mine set up means I need a ND filter on all but the dullest days. Any sun at all in the sky and I need a 16 minimum. It is remarkable how much data is captured if an image looks under exposed to the naked eye but nothing can be done at all with blown out highlights (apologies if I am teaching my grandmother how to suck eggs ;)).

I do not know what settings you are using for your camera but the way I have mine set up means I need a ND filter on all but the dullest days. Any sun at all in the sky and I need a 16 minimum. It is remarkable how much data is captured if an image looks under exposed to the naked eye but nothing can be done at all with blown out highlights (apologies if I am teaching my grandmother how to suck eggs ;)).
I've only used the auto settings ATM - haven't played with anything. I live in country South Australia in a rural region and weather has been bright 'n sunny (not bad for end of winter) and paddocks are all green. I will try to upload a pic. I do miss my polarising filter from DSLR tho.

Attachments

• org_7fa7c15db450ddfa_1535245770000.jpg
    org_7fa7c15db450ddfa_1535245770000.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 13
As i have noted elsewhere i have a set of Neweer filters. I original bought the 4/8/16 set of ND and NDPL filters
Fo UK nd in the bright sun and beach here in Perth i needed the 32 as well

Have no problem with the gimbal calibration. Very happy with them. Leave the 32 on the lens most of the time.

How are they holding up?
As i have noted elsewhere i have a set of Neweer filters. I original bought the 4/8/16 set of ND and NDPL filters
Fo UK nd in the bright sun and beach here in Perth i needed the 32 as well

Have no problem with the gimbal calibration. Very happy with them. Leave the 32 on the lens most of the time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13