DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rhode Island here!

Just went Mavic last week. Been flying drones for 2 years now. Anyone have a favorite place to fly around the Warwick/East Greenwich area?

Hey Rhode Island here... got my mavic a week ago and it's awesome! Been flying in slater park and the beach... anyone know of other places? Or want to meet up and fly?

Smithfield RI here. so close to pulling the trigger on a Mavic. Running a P3S now. Tons of good spots to fly in RI. There is a few right here in Smithfield

Smithfield RI here. so close to pulling the trigger on a Mavic. Running a P3S now. Tons of good spots to fly in RI. There is a few right here in Smithfield
Feel free to call me. I'm in Attleboro. I bought a Mavic Pro last winter. Sold it since. Glad to share my pros/cons. 617-293-5626

Where is everyone's favorite filming spot in RI? I have P4 and a Mavic. I usually just fly the Mavic.

There are a few great spots in Warren Also behind the smithfield police station up on top of the mountain where the old boys club camp was

Looking to get a fly group together this weekend. Anyone interested. Looking to fly in Jamestown or warren.

I fly all over RI. Providence down to Newport. Let me know if anyone wants to fly together.

Last edited:
I am in North Providence, right near the Smithfield line. Let me know if you want to check out the Mavic.

Has anyone done any flying along the Cliff Walk in Newport?
I'm heading to Newport in December and would like to get some flying in along the Cliff Walk coast area. Anyone know of a good place to launch from? Bailey's Beach area perhaps or similar area? I'd love to hear from others, local to the area who have done some flying here and may have input or advice you could share.

Has anyone done any flying along the Cliff Walk in Newport?
I'm heading to Newport in December and would like to get some flying in along the Cliff Walk coast area. Anyone know of a good place to launch from? Bailey's Beach area perhaps or similar area? I'd love to hear from others, local to the area who have done some flying here and may have input or advice you could share.
There are lots of great spots to fly and film in Newport. I would say in December you could launch right from the cliff walk path areas. Just hike along the path and scope out the areas, there won't be as many people in December. Bailey's Beach is private and I wouldn't launch from there. Another good spot to launch from would be Easton's Beach. This is open to the public and has plenty of parking. You then could film along the beach and transition to the cliff walk. While in Newport you should go over to Fort Wetherill in Jamestown, its just over the Newport bridge. Great spot to fly drones and get great shots. Have fun!

I see post that are a couple of years old. Anyone still flying. I’m working in RI for the next few months and would like to fly some. Hopefully there are still some interested folks out there. Let me know.

I see post that are a couple of years old. Anyone still flying. I’m working in RI for the next few months and would like to fly some. Hopefully there are still some interested folks out there. Let me know.
I just registered to reply to this. I recently purchased a mavic air and live in cranston ri. Im also looking to fly and learn. Starting tonight and every night until sunday there is a italian feast going on in my neighborhood that im going to try to capture with the drone its called st marys feast. All weekend the whole neighborhood is filled with family cookouts and parties for the feast.... and on sunday night there will be fireworks.

Attleboro checking in. No waiting here. Flying all winter
I am totally new to drone flying....will be buying the mavic air 2. I'll be doing this only as a hobby. Just wanted to know where I can fly this thing without getting in trouble. If you could give me some spots around the area where I could start. I live in Cumberland and am retired. Thanks Jacques Vieira

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+