DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ribbon cable or firmware ?

profireman

Reactions
Ribbon cable or firmware problem?

Since the latest update on startup the gimbal moves around and then goes up and to the right. It will not calibrate, it stops anywhere from 5 to 65%. Once it gets to 65% it will usually stop in the correct position.
If I take it out and fly, it seems to be working fine the entire time but then once I power it down, I have to go through all of this again. If it doesn't get to 65% I'm unable to control the camera with the remote, but once it gets to 65% and stops, I can control the camera with the dial

No crashes, no hard landings.

Since the latest update on startup the gimbal moves around and then goes up and to the right. It will not calibrate, it stops anywhere from 5 to 65%. Once it gets to 65% it will usually stop in the correct position.
If I take it out and fly, it seems to be working fine the entire time but then once I power it down, I have to go through all of this again. If it doesn't get to 65% I'm unable to control the camera with the remote, but once it gets to 65% and stops, I can control the camera with the dial

No crashes, no hard landings.

Are you still under warranty?

If this started occurring immediately after the firmware update, then it could be a firmware related problem. You could try refreshing your current firmware by tapping and holding this menu for 5 seconds:

DJI-GO-Refresh-Current-Firmware.jpg

If that does not resolve the issue, you could then try downgrading the firmware to the previous version. This should at least allow you to rule out the firmware as the cause.

If this started occurring immediately after the firmware update, then it could be a firmware related problem. You could try refreshing your current firmware by tapping and holding this menu for 5 seconds:

View attachment 41452

If that does not resolve the issue, you could then try downgrading the firmware to the previous version. This should at least allow you to rule out the firmware as the cause.
How to downgrade to provious firmware, Because im having the same problem

How to downgrade to provious firmware
I haven't attempted a downgrade, but the release notes state you cannot downgrade after installing firmware 1.04.0400.

DUMLdore
can be used to downgrade the firmware. I just noticed the latest version states it's not able to roll back 1.04.0400 yet, so you'll have to wait for a new version of DUMLdore to be released. In the meantime, try refreshing your current firmware. The upgrade didn't seem to cause this issue for the majority of people, so a reinstall might resolve your issue.

Reactions: Pistol007
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580