DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ribbon Cable Query

Ponala

Reactions
I have the gimbal stuck error 40002 and on looking at same was just wondering whether the highlighted cable should be connected at both ends as the end closest to the gimbal is not connected at all and just free.

Screenshot_20210224-212522_Gallery.jpg

Your kidding right? I mean what good is a data cable if it isn't connected at each end? :oops:

Reactions: Kilrah
Your kidding right? I mean what good is a data cable if it isn't connected at each end? :oops:
I know right, but it doesn't appear to have exposed wires/connectors to plug in to the other end so thought might be a fancy antenna or something.

I know right, but it doesn't appear to have exposed wires/connectors to plug in to the other end so thought might be a fancy antenna or something.
Can't tell from your picture but sounds like it may have snapped clean in the middle somewhere.

It might be a slip in style connector, I haven't looked, but also it might be a very small plug connector that perhaps you do not recognise as such.
Perhaps you could post photos of both sides of the loose cable end.
That said that cable is not visible on either of my MM's so I think something is wrong with yours.
Have you looked at any dismantling/teardown videos on youtube etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to tell from the photo but doesn’t look normal and would certainly explain the gimbal error if the cable isn’t connected both ends.

Has the aircraft been in a crash?

Could you post a photo of the cable side on?

You don't show the end so we can't see if the connection is there, but if you see no contacts then it got torn.

Many ribbon cables won't have a connector as such (a plastic affair with plug). Rather the cable will simply have a bare side where the ends of the metallic foil is exposed back some (1/4" or so) from the ribbon end. This end is intended to be pushed into the female connector which has spring loaded connectors to make contact with the bare end of the ribbon.
Your's no doubt got pulled out somehow, perhaps not pushed in all the way originally. Very unlikely for a ribbon cable to be broken cleanly in the middle - especially if the "break" is at 90* and clean.

Thanks for the replies. Not the easiest to get a pick of the end but no bare wires etc. Pics attached.20210225_085601.jpg20210225_085623.jpg

It's awkward taking a picture of the camera but here's mine. The cable starts from the mainboard and the part you say is missing, goes down around the gimbal to the camera.

Here's a link to a gimbal teardown if you decide to give you an idea. Gimbal Teardown

If you decide to go in for a closer look or replace a cable, it isn't hard to get into it, just watch the side release clips on the side of the body when removing the shell, they're delicate. Take a look in the battery area to see them and where they are. Push the sides in gently to help release them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mack_Attack