DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID. Do I need to do something?

spamgnome

Reactions
A couple of weeks ago, my Air2 got the RID upgrade, theoretically. I was out flying today and for fun brought up the drone scanner app on my Android. No drone shown. Do I need to do something (setting?) to get it to broadcast?

No, not at all. Many drone scanner apps either don't work, or have issues.

If you have a Standard RID drone, all you have to do is fly. If it takes off, you're fine. Not all apps work very well. I wouldn't worry about it.

Not all apps work very well. I wouldn't worry about it.
Definitely not worried! Just curious mostly. I fly almost exclusively Part 107, so just want to make sure all of my T's are crossed. What other scanner apps are out there?

Reactions: GFields
Definitely not worried! Just curious mostly. I fly almost exclusively Part 107, so just want to make sure all of my T's are crossed. What other scanner apps are out there?
There are a few. But don't bother checking. Just fly.

Reactions: Moozer and Dbez1
A couple of weeks ago, my Air2 got the RID upgrade, theoretically. I was out flying today and for fun brought up the drone scanner app on my Android. No drone shown. Do I need to do something (setting?) to get it to broadcast?
Like Vic mentioned, don't worry. However I understand your interest in why you can't find your drone with Drone Scanner. I couldn't either at first. I then stumbled around in the app, settings (3 dots upper right) and confirmed "ENABLE BLUETOOTH AND ENABLE WI-FI, then in preferences, granted permissions on everything i could find. After that I could see my drone and a ton of info it was transmitting. Unsure of EXACTLY what I did, but it worked after that. Another app is Air Sentinel which also seems to work, but gives out less info. I am flying Mavic 3 classic with RC controller. P.S. nothing was changed in the controller... just on the phone. Good luck..... a lot of pilots are having the same issue.

There are a few. But don't bother checking. Just fly.
Hi Vic ! I understand that after the DJI update RID , it is required to edit the registered UAS adding (1581F) for DJI .There is no need to pay the initial $5.00 . After doing so Drone Zone will send a new certificate of completion. If you have any doubts or difficulties doing so? Contact your FAAST Drone Pro Representative.
Bill

You didn't mention updating your FAA registration for the drone itself to include the RID information. Did you do that? I sold my Air2 the day the firmware was released, after installing it and confirming I could track it in Drone Scanner.

The only drone scanner app that has worked reliably for me is Open Drone ID.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13