DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Holy Stone RID IOS issue

GregE

Reactions
I received a lot of helpful comments finding a RID for my Mavic Platinum recently brought back from 'hibernation'.
I got one from Amazon for $89.99 +tax.

The Holy Stone RID instruction booklet is quite thorough. Reading, it provides a QR code to download a Drone Go2 app that you use to input your drone data.

BUT, the app requires IOS 11 or later / Android 7.0 or later. My I phone is 8 plus.

So how to tell the wife I need a newer phone.... that will cost as much or more than a RID compliant Mini 3 Pro......
Quandry

My I phone is 8 plus
You can install iOS 11 through iOS 16 on an iPhone 8 Plus. So, no need to buy a new phone just yet.

I received a lot of helpful comments finding a RID for my Mavic Platinum recently brought back from 'hibernation'.

The Holy Stone RID instruction booklet is quite thorough. Reading, it provides a QR code to download a Drone Go2 app that you use to input your drone data.

BUT, the app requires IOS 11 or later / Android 7.0 or later. My I phone is 8 plus.

So how to tell the wife I need a newer phone.... that will cost as much or more than a RID compliant Mini 3 Pro......
Quandry
Or you could just use a cheapo android device as a dedicated flight screen

Reactions: careless
You can install iOS 11 through iOS 16 on an iPhone 8 Plus.

Hmm, Well beyond my smart phone ability. I'll need a tutorial or call a grandkid. ;)

Reactions: GregE
Wow!!! IOS 16.7.5 update complete.

Mavic Help may be too old to be my grandson- but honors to you for your help!

You can install iOS 11 through iOS 16 on an iPhone 8 Plus.

Hmm, Well beyond my smart phone ability. I'll need a tutorial or call a grandkid. ;)
GregE, You are a Huey driver, you can do it!!!! Pull the plug and get a new phone. I use an older non functioning 'cell' phone for flying. It's about 4 generations old, but works fine for flying. I use my newer phone to get LAANC.
By the way, I'm a Huey driver too, as well as having the Holy Stone RID.
Important. Do not use the velcro that came with the unit. Buy some really good velcro and place it just in front of the battery. GPS is at the very front of the A/C.
See this thread:

Quandry
You only need it to initialize the module. Surely you know someone with a modern phone who can d/l the app and set it up for you. 5-10 min, tops

Hey, don't call me Shirley ;)
Phone updated, Found USB C cord and RID is charging

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc