DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID, OOP, and Registration.

Vic Moss

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Are you confused about Remote ID, OOP, Registration, and how they all work together?

You're not alone.

If so, hopefully this article will help smooth out some of the confusion.

Thank Vic. This is an awesome article.

Reactions: Vic Moss
Are you confused about Remote ID, OOP, Registration, and how they all work together?

You're not alone.

If so, hopefully this article will help smooth out some of the confusion.

Vic- thanks for this info, but I remain a bit confused on how to edit my registration as a 107 pilot for my Mavic 3. I don’t understand you statement “First, pull up the FAA’s DOC page and look for your drone.” I see nothing that say DOC page. I see my dashboard and for the Mavic 3 I don’t see edit, but I see clone that leads to a page like that which you described. If I go there I could edit the serial number if I could find the doc page you mentioned. I appreciate your efforts to help those of us who are less familiar with the FAA DroneZone site.

Vic- thanks for this info, but I remain a bit confused on how to edit my registration as a 107 pilot for my Mavic 3. I don’t understand you statement “First, pull up the FAA’s DOC page and look for your drone.” I see nothing that say DOC page. I see my dashboard and for the Mavic 3 I don’t see edit, but I see clone that leads to a page like that which you described. If I go there I could edit the serial number if I could find the doc page you mentioned. I appreciate your efforts to help those of us who are less familiar with the FAA DroneZone site.
Go to the DOC page first. There you'll find the s/n of the RID.

Then you go to your Drone Zone dashboard and edit the registration.

But the Mavic 3 is one of the drones that isn't editable on the Drone Zone yet. So don't worry about it you have plenty of time to make sure you're compliant.

Reactions: JoelP
And don't clone. That means you're registering a new drone of the same type.

Reactions: JoelP
Go to the DOC page first. There you'll find the s/n of the RID.

Then you go to your Drone Zone dashboard and edit the registration.

But the Mavic 3 is one of the drones that isn't editable on the Drone Zone yet. So don't worry about it you have plenty of time to make sure you're compliant.
Thanks! This is 100% clear now. I also see that only the M3T and M3E are editable now.

Reactions: Vic Moss
Thanks Vic,
Very helpful info. I found that my Mini is editable, however It doesn’t have a DOC yet, so if I understand correctly, I’ll just be patient and keep checking back to see if it makes the cut. So far, just the Mavic Mini 3 Pro is approved for the mini series.
B52-D

Thanks Vic,
Very helpful info. I found that my Mini is editable, however It doesn’t have a DOC yet, so if I understand correctly, I’ll just be patient and keep checking back to see if it makes the cut. So far, just the Mavic Mini 3 Pro is approved for the mini series.
B52-D
Yes, be patient. But odds are the Mini will not have a DOC, and will not be compliant by 9.16.23.

Reactions: mavictk
Yes, be patient. But odds are the Mini will not have a DOC, and will not be compliant by 9.16.23.
Thats about what I was expecting. I really don’t want to do the module thing, so I am going to sit on the fence and decide when and what to upgrade to, most likely the Mini 3 Pro, before September 15, 2023 😄
Curious to know how you like your Avata and also wondering how a person stays legal with the Avata maintaining VLOS.
B52-D

Last edited:
Thanks about what I was expecting. I really don’t want to do the module thing, so I am going to sit on the fence and decide when and what to upgrade to, most likely the Mini 3 Pro, before September 15, 2023 😄
Curious to know how you like your Avata and also wondering how a person stays legal with the Avata maintaining VLOS.
B52-D
I love my Avata. It's a kick to fly.

And I'm being smart and safe when I fly w/o a VO. Technically illegal. But safe.

Reactions: okw
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR