DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID Serial #

Rupuze

Reactions
How& where do I find the RID Serial # for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom? I want to register this # with the FAA and can't seem to find it.
Any suggestions?

You'll probably have to update the firmware AND the app that controls it.

Get the app from DJI's site

I updated my Mavic Air 2 a while back and didn't see it in the "about" menu until I updated the app as well.

I then went to the Drone zone to update my inventory of aircraft and cancelled the "old" aircraft.

Reactions: KB9Radio
How& where do I find the RID Serial # for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom?
You could upload a TXT flight log here and find your aircraft serial number in the generated CSV file linked beneath the map.

Can I piggy back on this thread please. I have a MA2 and the Serial Number and have plumbed that into the FAA RID database and it is not recognised. I have been emailing the FAA Drone boys (really helpful) and have established that the drone is Registered with my name and of course I have done Trust but not 107. if I don’t have RID am I dead in the water if I want to fly in the US after March 2024? Or, is there a retro-fit solution. My app and all firmware is fully up to date both aircraft and RC. Do hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel other than-buy a drone with RID!

There is currently an issue with how the DJI RID serial numbers were entered on the DOC application. They are working on it with the FAA. For now, don't worry about it. It will (should?) be fixed by 3/16.24. For now, just fly safe. You're technically not legal yet. Even with the update. Until the correct serial numbers are included in the new DOC, we can't really change them in our Drone Zone accounts.

More info here: DJI RID DOC issues… - Drone Service Providers Alliance

Reactions: sadatoni
There is currently an issue with how the DJI RID serial numbers were entered on the DOC application. They are working on it with the FAA. For now, don't worry about it. It will (should?) be fixed by 3/16.24. For now, just fly safe. You're technically not legal yet. Even with the update. Until the correct serial numbers are included in the new DOC, we can't really change them in our Drone Zone accounts.

More info here: DJI RID DOC issues… - Drone Service Providers Alliance
I do not have Part 107 but have Trust of course and an FAA Registration Number, if I have updated Firmware will I be able to re-register my new Remote ID Serial Number and be legal after March 23?

This! That's what I did as well. It should be listed in the "about" section of the controller as Remote ID Serial number" if I remember right. It's basically the same Serial number with 7 or extra characters added in front.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4