DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Riddle me this Batman!

BuddyD

Reactions
So I’m at a state park and just opening some apps to check if there are airports or any other restrictions before talking with the park staff to see about their regulations and I got some weird results! Here is a picture of my phone and my iPad both in AirMap at the same time and my phone shows an issue whereas my iPad says good to go (at least for AirMap). Any ideas about why this could be happening? They are both up to date!
02eb12d637e17b13e5dca9626ba0c336.jpeg

Commissioner Gorden
need to know more about the make ,Model, and the OS on your phone before he wonders up to the roof top to fire up
the “Bat Signal”

Reactions: BuddyD
I have an iPhone 10 version 12.3.1 so it does look like I have an update on my phone, I’ll have to check the iPad for the os version when I get back to the room. Love the comment Commissioner Gorden!!!

Commissioner Gorden
need to know more about the make ,Model, and the OS on your phone before he wonders up to the roof top to fire up
the “Bat Signal”

Like a dingus, I replied in general to your comment but I have an iPhone 10 with iOS version 12.3.1 so it does look like I have an update but I’ll have to check out my iPad iOS version later when I get back to the room. I also have been having weird little issues with my phone here and there so it may be related to that too. Thanks for you comment, loved it!!

Commissioner Gorden
the “Bat Signal”

iPad is a generation 6 with iOS 12.1.4 but also has an update for 12.4 looks like.

Reactions: charliesRig
Do you have the AirMap optional guidelines selected on your phone but not your tablet? It will optionally shown you things like uncontrolled fields, hospitals, schools, etc. None of which actually are legal flight restrictions.

Do you have the AirMap optional guidelines selected on your phone but not your tablet? It will optionally shown you things like uncontrolled fields, hospitals, schools, etc. None of which actually are legal flight restrictions.

I’ll have to check into that thanks!

That’s exactly what it was! Thanks so much, it took me a while to discover what that meant but yes that’s what it was!

Now if we could only get the B4UFly app to be in sync with AirMap I’d feel better. The B4UFly app (which is one I worry about more because it’s the FAA) says that there’s an airport within 5 miles, which translates to a heliport most likely. I had a message from someone about this at one point which made it sound like the FAA is just slow in getting their app up to the new laws about controlled airspace, but I’ve not really talked to anyone about this so it still makes me nervous, I don’t want to be that drone user unknowingly doing something I shouldn’t! Thanks again though for your help!!!

Now if we could only get the B4UFly app to be in sync with AirMap I’d feel better. The B4UFly app (which is one I worry about more because it’s the FAA) says that there’s an airport within 5 miles, which translates to a heliport most likely. I had a message from someone about this at one point which made it sound like the FAA is just slow in getting their app up to the new laws about controlled airspace, but I’ve not really talked to anyone about this so it still makes me nervous, I don’t want to be that drone user unknowingly doing something I shouldn’t! Thanks again though for your help!!!

Call the heliport- Either nobody is there or they will say they don’t have any flights... and then you can say you checked and showed due diligence.

Reactions: BuddyD
Call the heliport- Either nobody is there or they will say they don’t have any flights... and then you can say you checked and showed due diligence.

Thanks, gonna search for the number, fingers crossed I can get airborne tomorrow!

Reactions: AMann
Heliports are an issue I worry about in mobile. There are numerous helipads around the coast (especially considering that giant 5mi zone) that are used by Petroleum companies, although rarely. I've been looking at B4Ufly and Airmap but do occasionally notice differences. I guess the only way to really 100% know if they'll be an issue is to set up for the fly and find out.

I ws checking on flying in a state park in Washington. You have to apply 60 days in advance and be spacific about where and when you are going to fly, Pay $25.00 non refundable and it is only good
for the time and place you request.
I read that to mean that you cant fly in state parks, at least not in Washington.

Reactions: spicciani2
I ws checking on flying in a state park in Washington. You have to apply 60 days in advance and be spacific about where and when you are going to fly, Pay $25.00 non refundable and it is only good
for the time and place you request.
I read that to mean that you cant fly in state parks, at least not in Washington.
Sound like they are giving an option to those who wish to fly commercially but 25$ to fly is more than I would spend for rec.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman