DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Riding across a frozen lake with Active Track

Great video !!! What's the blue around 2:05 in? I love the audio trac and the sound effects. You were doing so well on the ice. One of my Fat-boys has 4.5" studded tires. It really increases rolling friction, but sticks well to ice. Nice job.
Thanks for watching! I'm not entirely sure about the blue, I assume it was just some liquid water on top of the ice, but I'm not sure why it was so colorful. I will definitely be buying some studded tires sometime soon. That ride would have been WAY more fun with studs.

I will definitely be buying some studded tires sometime soon. That ride would have been WAY more fun with studs.
Hello ArthurC:

When I needed studded tires, I decided to "save" some money and buy the studs and a simple installation tool and stud some "studdable (already had holes in them)" tires that I had. In my opinion that was a mistake. The cost of the studs was significant and the time and effort to insert them was great. I'm sure someone with better technique could complete the job in a quarter the time and blisters it took me, but even so I think just buying the tires with studs would have been a better plan - especially if one didn't have a new set of "studdable" tires sitting around. Thus my recommendation is - you're correct just buy the studded tires! But be ready for some sticker shock....

Howard

Hello ArthurC:

When I needed studded tires, I decided to "save" some money and buy the studs and a simple installation tool and stud some "studdable (already had holes in them)" tires that I had. In my opinion that was a mistake. The cost of the studs was significant and the time and effort to insert them was great. I'm sure someone with better technique could complete the job in a quarter the time and blisters it took me, but even so I think just buying the tires with studs would have been a better plan - especially if one didn't have a new set of "studdable" tires sitting around. Thus my recommendation is - you're correct just buy the studded tires! But be ready for some sticker shock....

Howard
I still remember the frustration. After all; how hard can it be? ... LOL. VERY HARD. pre-studded is the way to go.

Would never thought to ride a bike on ice! Good courage. I’m curious to find out if the drone went down when you did? Seemed like it was backing away and down before the transition out.
So when the bike went down, the phone popped out of the spring loaded phone holder and got jammed against both control sticks, pushing them all the way down. The drone went to about 18 inches above the ice, and took off at full speed in Sport mode. It took me a few seconds to figure out what happened, and luckily there was no one around for like a half mile. With both sticks pushed all the way down, the drone at least knew better than to try to land at full speed, thankfully.

Reactions: 4006448
Hello ArthurC:

Howard
Definitely getting pre studded. The ones I was looking at are around $160 per tire. Dillingers I believe.

Reactions: NG Wildman
I rode my bike across frozen Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire to Climb Rattlesnake Island and got some awesome views.

Let me know what you think!

Recognized it right away. I'm often hiking in the Belknap area, especially Mount Major (25 minutes from home) during the winter. Great video !!

Reactions: ArthurC
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa