DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Risk of flying with single antenna?

ashley_fpv

Reactions
I am in love with my DJI Mavic Pro and have had almost daily flight time for the past year. Even as careful and protective as I can be- I had the misfortune of snapping my right antenna completely off. I couldn’t even find the broken piece to try and salvage the remote with a DIY repair..

What are my options? I have a Spark remote but I don’t want to risk a fly-away by linking to the Mavic- if it’ll even link. I will eventually buy a new Mavic remote but for now what can I do to ensure a safe flight?

Reactions: Former Member
I wouldnt even turn it on.
Powering up a transmitter without the correct antennae is more than likely going to blow up the finals. (or depending on how well designed it is, reduce power markedly to not damage the finals with a high SWR.)

I am in love with my DJI Mavic Pro and have had almost daily flight time for the past year. Even as careful and protective as I can be- I had the misfortune of snapping my right antenna completely off. I couldn’t even find the broken piece to try and salvage the remote with a DIY repair..

What are my options? I have a Spark remote but I don’t want to risk a fly-away by linking to the Mavic- if it’ll even link. I will eventually buy a new Mavic remote but for now what can I do to ensure a safe flight?
You can damage the RC if you turn it on with a missing antenna.
Spark RC is not compatible with Mavic.
I would buy a second RC (it can serve as a dual control for the Mavic) so it is not a total waste of money and then repair or modify your RC for SMA connectors and new antennas. There are kit like THIS ONE to mod the antennas but you need a little DIY ability.

Thanks all. I took the rush and threw on my range extending antenna and have had no problem with connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi