DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RM500

I can confirm the original Smart Controller, the RM500 works with a Mini 2 and Air 2S. You have to be on recent firmware for the controller to include Fly in its software.

When you go through “Select an Aircraft” the controller will select the appropriate app, Go4 or Fly for that drone.

Inside the Smart Controller is an Android tablet - this is no different than loading both Go4 and Fly on your phone..

Reactions: PaulUK
I was originally under the impression that the RM500 could only be used with the Go4 app, but have since realised the Fly app can be used too, so I have now ordered one.
Thank you for the input.

I was originally under the impression that the RM500 could only be used with the Go4 app, but have since realised the Fly app can be used too, so I have now ordered one.
Thank you for the input.
The only thing is, I don't know if an MA2 will work with the RM 500. You will have to ask an MA2 owner or ask Dji!

I'm considering buying a RM500 smart controller for my MA2, however according to what I've read this uses the DJI Go4 app as opposed to DJI Fly that I currently use?
Yes sir it dose . I have the MA2 1st , Then got a M2pro with the smart RM500 I had to down load the Fly App. the only thing I have to do when I switch a-craft is bind it to the RM 500 ,check u-tube FlytPath has a good instructions on binding the units . the only drawback is the RM500 has NO RID yet. I had to use the org. controller with the MA2 to update and get the RID # . Then switch back to the RM500 .Hope this helps

Last edited:
the only drawback is the RM500 has NO RID yet.

Which is probably one of the reasons why the Air 2 cannot get a DoC from the FAA.

RID full compliance cannot be based on what particular remote controller you use. If you cannot get the drone to work full time RID will all controllers then no drone will get cert. Air 2 flyers can rejoice for the RID sw update delivering standard RID but technically they are all flying out of compliance (without a broadcast module) and therefore unlawful since 9/16/2023.