DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Road Junction improvements

Caszjam21

Reactions
So, My boss at work knew i had bought a Mavic a few months back. And we run a lot of HGV's out of our yard, I drive one, The junction at the end of the road was badly laid out by the council so he asked me to get some footage of the junction to assist in a case to improve the junction. Found out today the junction is getting re designed to improve access and safety. Thanks in part to my drone footage
I am quite proud of this, lol

It looks like it's so badly designed that people have to drive on the wrong side of the road just to make it work.

Good job!

Are these local or long haul routes? Something the council might hear from the engineers is that it's not worth doing it. There is a lot of discussion within traffic engineering and logistics that as self driving vehicles become more common that for local routes it will become more cost effective to run more smaller payloads rather than fewer larger payloads as we do now.

Good job!

Are these local or long haul routes? Something the council might hear from the engineers is that it's not worth doing it. There is a lot of discussion within traffic engineering and logistics that as self driving vehicles become more common that for local routes it will become more cost effective to run more smaller payloads rather than fewer larger payloads as we do now.
This is a local route, i am skeptical about the use of remote transport on the same roads as self drive

This is a local route, i am skeptical about the use of remote transport on the same roads as self drive
Perhaps. Long haul trucking on motorways will likely be almost entirely driverless by 2025. Local, short haul and non-motorway will take a bit longer though well defined B road routes will likely happen quickly.

Volvo are rumored to have about 8-10 trucks with one of their customers that are autonomous enough that the drivers do absolutely zero on most routes. The question will be how much of that experience will be required before these trucks are allowed on the road without drivers.

Reactions: Caszjam21
Perhaps. Long haul trucking on motorways will likely be almost entirely driverless by 2025. Local, short haul and non-motorway will take a bit longer though well defined B road routes will likely happen quickly.

Volvo are rumored to have about 8-10 trucks with one of their customers that are autonomous enough that the drivers do absolutely zero on most routes. The question will be how much of that experience will be required before these trucks are allowed on the road without drivers.

Autonomous truck = 28 ton drone BLOS= good?
DJI drones about 3 lbs. if BLOS = bad.
Something is screwed up somewhere seems to me.

The driver of the yellow truck could take the turn a lot wider to prevent needing to enter oncoming traffic later on.

Attachments

• A3E3C19D-42C4-45B5-B30B-1C3AAB69AD76.jpeg
    A3E3C19D-42C4-45B5-B30B-1C3AAB69AD76.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 8
The driver of the yellow truck could take the turn a lot wider to prevent needing to enter oncoming traffic later on.
Going wider on approach to junction would just change the problem to that lane he was going wider into and as you can see he used all available space in the junction. Its a busy HGV turn and should not need the lorry to cross out of his lane to get round there.
The plans are now in place too make it wider

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter