DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rochester, NY - High Falls area.

This is very nicely done. I enjoyed it a lot. Great flying and video!
The close up and ride up the falls is exhilarating.
Did you do a manual fly-by of the kodak building or was it a programmed orbit?

Reactions: Courtervideo
This is very nicely done. I enjoyed it a lot. Great flying and video!
The close up and ride up the falls is exhilarating.
Did you do a manual fly-by of the kodak building or was it a programmed orbit?
Thank you. I did the Kodak tower shot manually. I've been spending a lot of time lately practicing how to do manual point-of-interest shots. There are times when I rely on the auto point-of-interest capability of the Mavic, but not this time :)

Thank you for the compliment on the waterfall shot. Truth be known I was a little nervous on that shot, and my forward obstacle indicators started blaring right when I hit the top of it.

It was also a little nerve-wracking when I did that last fly through shot of the pedestrian bridge because once I got into it I realized there were two cables strewn across the lower half that I hadn't seen before.

What I've discovered is that it's really a good idea to plan your shots before you fly them, and not worry too much if the object you were trying to film is not directly centered in your field of view or drifts out of your field of view during the shot. Keeping the the flight speed and pan movement consistent creates a much better shot.

I now have over a hundred hours of flight time on my Mavic, and I'm starting to get more and more comfortable with how I create these shots, but I still have much to learn.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54