DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rock Solid Timelapse's

Did you notice every single car was White. lol
This looks pretty good , but would you get a better result of you just video recorded and sped it up to your Desired look as keep thinking to test that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain,. Float on the Water.

• Haha
Reactions: GFields
Did you notice every single car was White. lol
This looks pretty good , but would you get a better result of you just video recorded and sped it up to your Desired look as keep thinking to test that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain,. Float on the Water.
They are coated with something for the trip overseas. I've done the timelapses both ways. Sometimes, I find the video isn't as stable as the stitched images.

Now that video was incredible, and so where those skies, OMG did you capture some Panos , lol
Stunnig video. have you noticed yet if your Air 3 takes faster Panos than the Mavic 3 ? I keep meaning to test this but we have had to many storms to play in.

Phantomrain.org
Wet Suits to fly in the Rain.

Now that video was incredible, and so where those skies, OMG did you capture some Panos , lol
Stunnig video. have you noticed yet if your Air 3 takes faster Panos than the Mavic 3 ? I keep meaning to test this but we have had to many storms to play in.

Phantomrain.org
Thanks. I'd say the Air 3 and Mavic Pro 3 Pano time is the same or very close..

Thanks. I'd say the Air 3 and Mavic Pro 3 Pano time is the same or very close..
My understanding is that the file size of the Air 3 HiRes pano stitch from 33 images is only 25-30MB, while the Mavic 3 series HiRes pano stitches are a full 65-75MB from only 25 images, so the Mavic 3 ones are much more detailed, allowing zooming in much farther into the image without any loss of quality.

Can you confirm?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

have you noticed yet if your Air 3 takes faster Panos than the Mavic 3 ? I keep meaning to test this but we have had to many storms to play in.

Phantomrain.org
Air 3 spherical pano takes 33 images compared to the 25 on the other drones, so it should take longer for the photography, but the stitch leaves out cloning in a ceiling, leaving a hole, so maybe the stitching is faster? Takes 75 seconds on the Mavic 3 series in total, from 25 images, with a cloned in ceiling, and the result is a 75 MB HiRes image. The Air 3 HiRes is also only 30 MB, but it is from only 12MP images, instead of 20MP on the Mavic 3 and the Mavic 2 Pro.

The Air 3 spheres I’ve done do seem to clone in a ceiling, but because the gimbal goes so much higher, it’s a relatively small spot. I’m impressed.

I shot this one deliberately under a tree to see what it would try to do when the ceiling wasn’t all sky:
IMG_5035.png

The attached is a more typical sky-is-ceiling sphere.

Attachments

• dji_fly_20230819_171710_0106_1692491855753_pano.jpeg
    8 MB · Views: 3
The Air 3 spheres I’ve done do seem to clone in a ceiling, but because the gimbal goes so much higher, it’s a relatively small spot. I’m impressed.

I shot this one deliberately under a tree to see what it would try to do when the ceiling wasn’t all sky:
View attachment 167342

The attached is a more typical sky-is-ceiling sphere.
Thanks for clearing up my confusion. Others had reported a hole at the top, which I assumed was empty, rather than a cloned in hole, as on all other in camera 360 stitches. Could also be that those reporting the hole were stitching manually, which would certainly leave a blank, black hole.

However, early reports are the Air 3 in camera stitch is worse than on other drones which only shoot 25 images, because they only elevate the gimbal 11° from horizontal, leaving a larger empty hole, but one which usually contains no detail for stitching, since it is all sky, and an easy clone. Auto-stitching 8 images in the sky of 33 is just as bad as the top row of 8 of 25 over an empty ocean on the horizon: no detail for image alignment. Bad stitching is the result.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead