DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rocky point Mexico

Drone senior pilot

Reactions
Would like to take my mavic air to rocky point Mexico over Thanksgiving. Is this a good idea. Are there any regulations that would prevent me from doing this.

Reactions: dirkclod
Try a search here .
sUAV Rules & Regulations
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

I live in rocky point fly all the time and have taken mavic across border many times with no problems
Have fun and fly safe

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.
Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Download the app called “AirMap”. It’s great for FAA 107 Licensed Pilots. It was just updated and it will show you where you can fly. You can even search locations instead of physically being there.

Hi guys. Im from Portugal and i Get my Mavic Air just a few weeks ago. Im going to México in holidays this December and ask the authorities if i can take my Drone to México and fly there.

This was there response in Spanish.

Los Drones extranjeros no pueden ser registrados en México ni se pueden realizar operaciones de DRONES por extranjeros en nuestro país.

Lo anterior debido a que no existe ningún convenio bilateral celebrado entre la autoridad aeronáutica Mexicana (DGAC) con la autoridad aeronáutica de algún país responsable de la empresa o persona extranjera interesada en operar en México, a través del cual se establezcan las condiciones para permitir realizar este tipo de operaciones, lo cual está indicado en el numeral 7.2. inciso v) de la Circular Obligatoria CO AV-23/10 R4.

Cualquier uso indebido podrá ser sancionado conforme a la legislación aplicable.

Adjunto vínculo del sitio de internet de la SCT en el cual puede consultar esta Circular Obligatoria:

http://www.sct.gob.mx/fileadmin/DireccionesGrales/DGAC-archivo/modulo3/co-av-23-10-r4.pdf

Esperamos que esta información le sea de utilidad.

This is unfortunately correct, no foreigners can register a drone within Mexico which is compulsory before flying in the country. Additionally, there might be an import fee as drones are not considered as the average camera gear allowance meaning you expose yourself a fee of 16% of the retail price for importation of goods. This said, a mate when getting questioned by local police gave a few bucks and got away with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu