DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Room for a MM?

johnnylang

Reactions
Hey guys and girls,

Quick one to gauge opinion, is it worth getting a MM while also owning a M2?

Currently, i don't carry my M2 often, very much the plan a flight kind of use, pick a day and hope the weather is good! Doing it this way has worked for me on the whole, but i do feel like I've missed some great shots/videos either by not having the M2 on me, or missing the moment by not having time to get it out, ready and up in the air.

So the question is, would it be worth having a MM (or similar) for those impromptu shots, making it easier to get up in the air at the drop of a hat and to carry around. Or a case of sucking it up, carry the M2 more often and get used to getting it in the air quicker?

cheers

Reactions: old man mavic
Hey guys and girls,

Currently, i don't carry my M2 often, very much the plan a flight kind of use, pick a day and hope the weather is good! Doing it this way has worked for me on the whole, but i do feel like I've missed some great shots/videos either by not having the M2 on me, or missing the moment by not having time to get it out, ready and up in the air.

So the question is, would it be worth having a MM (or similar) for those impromptu shots, making it easier to get up in the air at the drop of a hat and to carry around. Or a case of sucking it up, carry the M2 more often and get used to getting it in the air quicker?

cheers
in terms of size,then sure the MM wins hands down but to remove it from the case attach the device and power it up, could in certain aspects take just as long or even longer to get it up and flying, it does take a while depending on location to get a good sat lock some times,

in terms of size,then sure the MM wins hands down but to remove it from the case attach the device and power it up, could in certain aspects take just as long or even longer to get it up and flying, it does take a while depending on location to get a good sat lock some times,

Thanks, that is the worry, if i go and spend on it then realise it takes just as long to get it up in the air.

Saying that, it probably does have a use for the long hikes due to size an weight I'm thinking

Reactions: old man mavic
Hey guys and girls,

cheers
Definitely worth having as I have both, I carry it with me when i'm on my bike on trails and tracks and can quickly stop and capture a great moment. Thinking of taking it to work as well as I have some interesting views while driving but haven't yet.

Reactions: johnnylang
This is a great question, and I can appreciate the situation.
I was a professional Land Surveyor starting before cell phones were a thing, much less the camera technology that phones currently have.
It was a common occurrence that I wished that I had a camera with me, be it weather related, atmospheric anomalies, wildlife, really crazy looking natural elements, you name it.
I could see the desire and use.

Like many things in life; if you don't have it with you for whatever reason, you can't use it when you need it the most.

Reactions: johnnylang
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_