DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Royal Palm Tennis Club Miami

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This is a 3:18 minute video of my tennis club, Royal Palm Tennis Club in South Miami, Florida (established 1960) . The club has 18 clay courts and 2 hard courts and 300 members.

The video features both Mavic 2 Pro footage, Osmo Mobile 4 gimbal footage using Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, with hyperlapse and regular video and stills. Edited with Adobe Premiere Pro 2021.

If it were not for tennis, which I am playing about 4 times a week, photography and video editing, I would have gone crazy with Covid. For those of you who like to scold, I had permission to fly over the courts, and only a single player of all of these shown preferred that I did not.

Last edited:
This is a 3:18 minute video of my tennis club, Royal Palm Tennis Club in South Miami, Florida (established 1960) . The club has 18 clay courts and 2 hard courts and 300 members.

The video features both Mavic 2 Pro footage, Osmo Mobile 4 gimbal footage using Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, with hyperlapse and regular video and stills. Edited with Adobe Premiere Pro 2021.

If it were not for tennis, which I am playing about 4 times a week, photography and video editing, I would have gone crazy with Covid. For those of you who like to scold, I had permission to fly over the courts, and only a single player of all of these shown preferred that I did not.
Link to your video is missing .

Still no link Dale d

As always, great video Dale. :)

Great video Dale as usual, but didn't you mention in a post that you caught some flack for flying over the players which flying over people is something we are supposed to try and avoid?

Great video Dale as usual, but didn't you mention in a post that you caught some flack for flying over the players which flying over people is something we are supposed to try and avoid?
No, it was really minimal (the flack). Firstly, this is my private club and most members are very nice and tolerant and we mostly know everyone else. There are ladies teams always there. Some ladies are a bit cranky and intolerant with just about everything. I took off from the parking lot and gained altitude as fast as possible. Once at about 60-70 feet there is no longer any audible disturbance. I made my pass over the 16 courts, and then made a return pass back, and used the RTH to go up before the return, which was a precision landing exactly on my landing pad. So they may have also heard the landing.

I was packing my drone in the car trunk when the club manager (a very sweet and nice lady) came to me and said she had heard that someone was flying a drone. She knew it was me because of the many films I had sent to her. She is on my mailing list and enjoys the films. She said,"I knew it was probably you." and I said it was, and that I was already finished and leaving. She did not ask me not to fly or anything negative. The fact that she knew me was enough. I never found the name of the person who reported but I suspect it was one of those women in the first court.

If you are calling me out for flying over people, fine.I accept your point. As an added comment, I mailed the video to many club members and they all loved it. The club PRESIDENT loved it, and he mailed it to the HEAD TENNIS COACH who is now in Australia coaching Venus in the Australian Open in Melbourne, and HE LOVED IT TOO.

No, it was really minimal (the flack). Firstly, this is my private club and most members are very nice and tolerant and we mostly know everyone else. There are ladies teams always there. Some ladies are a bit cranky and intolerant with just about everything. I took off from the parking lot and gained altitude as fast as possible. Once at about 60-70 feet there is no longer any audible disturbance. I made my pass over the 16 courts, and then made a return pass back, and used the RTH to go up before the return, which was a precision landing exactly on my landing pad. So they may have also heard the landing.

I was packing my drone in the car trunk when the club manager (a very sweet and nice lady) came to me and said she had heard that someone was flying a drone. She knew it was me because of the many films I had sent to her. She is on my mailing list and enjoys the films. She said,"I knew it was probably you." and I said it was, and that I was already finished and leaving. She did not ask me not to fly or anything negative. The fact that she knew me was enough. I never found the name of the person who reported but I suspect it was one of those women in the first court.

If you are calling me out for flying over people, fine.I accept your point. As an added comment, I mailed the video to many club members and they all loved it. The club PRESIDENT loved it, and he mailed it to the HEAD TENNIS COACH who is now in Australia coaching Venus in the Australian Open in Melbourne, and HE LOVED IT TOO.
Yes it was the point of flying over them. If you flew along the side of the courts the video would have been just as good. Keep flying and keep videoing, your work on this forum is a great example for some of us to strive for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929