DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Accuracy when switching Apps

pgh1949

Reactions
Does anyone know if Precision RTH is disabled when switching between DJI Go 4 and Litchi? Here's what happened this morning.

After a few days of no flying due to awful weather I went outside today. Did a full re-calibrate of IMU, Compass and Gimbal in DJI Go 4. Everything was good. Did an auto takeoff and selected Precision Landing. Flew around a bit and hit RTH. Drone behaved perfectly and was about to land within inches of the takeoff spot as expected. I cancelled RTH and flew it back up again.

I'd been having focus problems with a Litchi Waypoint mission and having read reports of other people having the same problems on the forum here I wanted to try a couple of suggestions. So with the drone hovering nearby I shut down the DJI Go app and loaded Litchi. Anyway everything is working fine so when I'd finished playing and the low battery warning came on I hit the RTH button. This time the drone appeared to behave as expected - rose to the correct height, came back home but this time it started to land a couple of metres away from the original takeoff point. As it would have tried to land on the roof of my house I took control and steered ti back manually.

I tried starting from scratch again in the Go app and RTH was perfect again.

Is this expected behaviour when you shut down one app and start a different one? I have the latest Firmware and the latest iOS version of Litchi on my iPhone 8. It's not a big deal but it would be nice to know.

You need to be in the litchi app when you take off to get Precision landing. I know that it does not work if I do it the way you described. Actually, I only use DJI go for calibration. I then shutdown dji Go and launch Litchi. That is the correct way to do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580