DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Accuracy?

Badgersurfer

Reactions
Hello everyone, I have just upgraded from my MPP to an M2P and have to say very impressed so far. Haha I quickly learned how the new OA works as when I was taking off in my garden I was trying to keep my dog way and inadvertently pushed the stick to the right thus the M2P was heading straight for a willow tree. I suddenly heard a roar of props as it maneuvered itself away from the tree. So that works... A couple of questions I have. I was very impressed with the accuracy of the MPP RTH but I have watched several videos whereas the M2P is nowhere near. Is this still the case? I use a CSU and DJ Go4 app. I thought you might like to see my very first picture with it. It was quite late and I was using a Freewell ND8/pl...Winchelsea-Enhanced-2small.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have just upgraded from my MPP to an M2P and have to say very impressed so far. Haha I quickly learned how the new OA works as when I was taking off in my garden I was trying to keep my dog way and inadvertently pushed the stick to the right thus the M2P was heading straight for a willow tree. I suddenly heard a roar of props as it maneuvered itself away from the tree. So that works... A couple of questions I have. I was very impressed with the accuracy of the MPP RTH but I have watched several videos whereas the M2P is nowhere near. Is this still the case? I use a CSU and DJ Go4 app. I thought you might like to see my very first picture with it. It was quite late and I was using a Freewell ND8/pl...View attachment 104251

My own experience is the M2P RTH is very accurate. Using a bright orange take-off/landing pad, mine has landed bang in the middle of the pad every time. That’s in good light with high contrast between the pad and the grass that it sits on and low wind.

Even in poor light on an overcast day it still lands in the middle of the pad.

As a test I moved the pad 3-metres to the right after the AC was over 100-metres away and RTH brought it back to the original take-off point, it hovered there briefly at around 5-metres and then moved to the right and landed in the middle of the pad again.

My own experience is the M2P RTH is very accurate. Using a bright orange take-off/landing pad, mine has landed bang in the middle of the pad every time. That’s in good light with high contrast between the pad and the grass that it sits on and low wind.

Even in poor light on an overcast day it still lands in the middle of the pad.

As a test I moved the pad 3-metres to the right after the AC was over 100-metres away and RTH brought it back to the original take-off point, it hovered there briefly at around 5-metres and then moved to the right and landed in the middle of the pad again.
I noted the dates of the videos were 2018, maybe the firmware updates have improved it. I haven't been in a position to test it yet as my garden is full of trees and it is too risky. I was interested to know up front as my MPP had a tick box next to the take off slider that allowed you to select accurate landing, but the M2P only has a slider.
One other question I meant to ask was 'Is it normal for the S/P/T button to be disabled on a new machine'? When I flew for the first time I was doing about 30mph. Was that because when I set up I opted to turn off beginner mode?

I noted the dates of the videos were 2018, maybe the firmware updates have improved it. I haven't been in a position to test it yet as my garden is full of trees and it is too risky. I was interested to know up front as my MPP had a tick box next to the take off slider that allowed you to select accurate landing, but the M2P only has a slider.
One other question I meant to ask was 'Is it normal for the S/P/T button to be disabled on a new machine'? When I flew for the first time I was doing about 30mph. Was that because when I set up I opted to turn off beginner mode?

The initial M2 firmware simply did not have precision landing. It was added, after much protest, in the first update.

Reactions: Badgersurfer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929