DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Air 2S Question

JamesJB

Reactions
This is a little hard to explain so please bare with me.

Ok when I took off from near my apartment It said Home Point updated everything is fine.

When I decided to change to a different spot which is at a Elementary School Soccer Field and ofcourse after hours,no kids around and school closed. When I took off I did hear it say Home Point Updated and I went and flew around for a while,I then decided to use the RTH to come back and land well I noticed 1) it didn't go up to 300 feet that I set for RTH and 2) It started to go to the old home Point near my apartment which was less than 1 mile away which of course before it could do that I canceled the RTH,This scared the heck out of me cause alot of trees would of been in the way 😔.

I know 100% I heard "Home Point Updated" so not sure why it still wanted to go to the old Home Point.

So is this a bug of some kind? I've only had the drone like a week and that was the first time it happened.

Thank you inadvance for the help.

Last edited:
The actual audio confirmation that the home point has been set is, "The home point has been updated. Please check it on the map."

Is that what you heard? Did you check the home point on the map?

Good on you for being alert and seeing the that drone wasn't going where you intended. You avoided a mess.

Reactions: SoCal2S
The actual audio confirmation that the home point has been set is, "The home point has been updated. Please check it on the map."

Is that what you heard? Did you check the home point on the map?

Good on you for being alert and seeing the that drone wasn't going where you intended. You avoided a mess.
Exactly what I heard. Yes I did check.

and 2) It started to go to the old home Point near my apartment which was less than 1 mile away which of course before it could do that I canceled the RTH,This scared the heck out of me cause alot of trees would of been in the way 😔.
That's not possible as the drone does not store old homepoints.
When you switch it off, any homepoint is lost.
When you power on again, the homepoint data is blank until the drone gets good GPS location data and records a new homepoint.
I know 100% I heard "Home Point Updated" so not sure why it still wanted to go to the old Home Point.
So is this a bug of some kind? I've only had the drone like a week and that was the first time it happened.
To find the explanation of what happened and answer your questions, the recorded flight data is needed.
Post that and I'll look into it for you.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

I am new also... so Meta4 (and others) knowledge will far exceed mine.
When you are new there's a lot of info to digest and retain, especially when
flying.

Here is a video that might help... with RTH for further flights...

While Meta4's above suggested will be more precise.... not sure if you know
of this feature on your phone/tablet (you don't need to hook up the drone).
Open the DJI Fly App
on the bottom of the screen three options....
--> select "Profile"
bottom of screen left side
--> select "More"

you will see records of your flight(s) with a map and a time lapse
of each flight. Your home point etc will also be shown.
Screenshot_20220617-042334.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_