DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH AT CURRENT ALTITUDE OPTION

Rmcolon

Reactions
Reading the M2P manual, I check the "RTH At Current Altitude" option. According to the manual, if the aircraft if between 16ft (5m) and 65ft (20m) from the Home Point, and that option is disabled, it lands immediately. If is enabled, the aircraft flies at the actual altitude home. Right now I have the option disabled because I never fly in an open environment (many tall trees and buildings) and now I wonder if my M2P is between 16ft and 65ft it will land at that distance from Home. Sorry for the confusion, but that is the best way to explain it. Any thoughts or experiences with that option?

This is from the manual:

"a. If the aircraft is further than 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it ascends to the pre-set RTH altitude and then flies to the Home Point at a speed of 12 m/s. If the current altitude is higher than the RTH altitude, the aircraft flies to the Home Point at the current altitude. Forward and Backward vision systems are enabled.

b. If the aircraft is between 5 m and 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins: i. If the RTH at Current Altitude option is enabled the aircraft flies to the Home Point at the current altitude, unless the current altitude is less than 2 m, in which case the aircraft ascends to 2 m and then flies to the Home Point at a speed of 3 m/s.ii. If the RTH at Current Altitude option is disabled, the aircraft lands immediately.c. If the aircraft is less than 5 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it lands immediately. "

Last edited:
I think I understand your question and I believe you are interpreting it correctly. I leave this unchecked because I can’t see a scenario where I would initiate RTH within 65ft.

Reactions: Rmcolon
Reading the M2P manual, I check the "RTH At Current Altitude" option. According to the manual, if the aircraft if between 16ft (5m) and 65ft (20m) from the Home Point, and that option is disabled, it lands immediately. If is enabled, the aircraft flies at the actual altitude home. Right now I have the option disabled because I never fly in an open environment (many tall trees and buildings) and now I wonder if my M2P is between 16ft and 65ft it will land at that distance from Home. Sorry for the confusion, but that is the best way to explain it. Any thoughts or experiences with that option?

This is from the manual:

"a. If the aircraft is further than 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it ascends to the pre-set RTH altitude and then flies to the Home Point at a speed of 12 m/s. If the current altitude is higher than the RTH altitude, the aircraft flies to the Home Point at the current altitude. Forward and Backward vision systems are enabled.

b. If the aircraft is between 5 m and 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins: i. If the RTH at Current Altitude option is enabled the aircraft flies to the Home Point at the current altitude, unless the current altitude is less than 2 m, in which case the aircraft ascends to 2 m and then flies to the Home Point at a speed of 3 m/s.ii. If the RTH at Current Altitude option is disabled, the aircraft lands immediately.c. If the aircraft is less than 5 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it lands immediately. "

I believe DJI could have simplified it a little but it is correct.

If they explained why a 5 & 20-metre restriction apples it would help clarify. I believe it is due to GPS accuracy, or lack of at short-range distances. That said, aircraft with precision landing options such as the M2P, given sufficient height, ought to be able to RTH accurately anyway.

You do need to be careful though if the option is disabled. Flying over water between 5 & 20-metres away could see you land in the water and the same if you were less than 5-metres away. Unfortunately people having been realising this too late.

Reactions: Rmcolon
I think I understand your question and I believe you are interpreting it correctly. I leave this unchecked because I can’t see a scenario where I would initiate RTH within 65ft.

-----------------------
Good point. Analyzing that, I don't recall ever use RTH at that short distance. Thanks!

Reactions: Camino Ken

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu