DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH came home but then started climbing ?

SvenG

Reactions
It was a really nice flight and after 10 minutes I decided to come back so I activated RTH. Everything went perfectly until the Mavic was pretty much over the take-off spot. Then the screen started scrolling something about 'cruising' and the Mavic ascended from maybe 35m to 80m before I canceled the RTH and brought her down manually.

I wish it wasn't so sunny so I could have read the scrolling message more easily while not worrying about what the Mavic was up to :-(

Thanks,

-Sven

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Thanks. I took a look and saw a few strange things.

There was an out-of-range message when I was just about at my self-imposed distance limit of 1km.

There was also a NAN mph reading (Not A Number) which seems like a divide by zero issue ?

There were a few breaking, backing up and ascending messages when there was nothing around within 10s of meters. I seem to remember that someone here commented about bright sunlight confusing the obstacle sensing at times ? The sun was definitely out and gorgeous so maybe that was it ?

I'll upload the file if someone wants to take another look.

Thanks !

-Sven

Edit: I forgot to mention that the altitude was -20 feet or so according to the log when I landed.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-08-28_[11-22-02].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: SvenG
Your flight log shows your Mavic was auto ascending to avoid an obstacle. That was most likely caused by the sun shining into the front sensors.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Your flight log shows your Mavic was auto ascending to avoid an obstacle. That was most likely caused by the sun shining into the front sensors.

Thanks for the help and probable answer. I guess next time I should try to fly to the side of home before experimenting with RTH if home is into the sun.

-Sven

I had an auto accent to avoid obstacle... In my case it was or at least I think it was trying to avoid a parked car but had no issue with some parked playground equipment moment's earlier. Some strange behavior around around obstacle avoidance is to be expected from my limited experience.

I had an auto accent to avoid obstacle... In my case it was or at least I think it was trying to avoid a parked car but had no issue with some parked playground equipment moment's earlier. Some strange behavior around around obstacle avoidance is to be expected from my limited experience. I threatened to turn it off but have yet to do so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baima