DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Height has stopped responding for some reason?

Zeke

Reactions
Hi all,

I've been flying my MPP around for a month or two now and except for one really bizarre happening at about 250' over a lake it's been great.

The problem I'm having now is that when RTH is activated, the drone comes back fine but it won't rise to the pre-set height. I currently have the RTH elevation set to 300', and if I'm flying at 100' that's the elevation it now returns at. It used to rise to the preset height, but no more. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Was unit in a crash? No.

What have you tried so far? I've reset the elevation a number of times, not sure what else to do.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Both a Samsung S9 phone and a new Asus Tablet, both with the same results.

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? I don't know off hand, but I always make sure it's up to date.

What Go app version are you using? 4

Any modification?
(if so what) None.

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) No.

If you are between 16 and 66 feet of the home point it will fly back at its current height (or rise up to 32 feet if below that). Other than that, perhaps a buggy Go 4 update caused a problem. Since the introduction of the M2 there seems to be "feature" changes in Go 4 that have caused problems. Personally, I think DJI should write an app specifically for the different Mavic models so they don't hose one while adding another. Their app would be leaner that way also.

Reactions: Zeke
Thank you. I'm going to check this out but I'm pretty sure some of the flights have been well beyond 66 feet away (but thankfully high enough to avoid obstacles.

Appreciate the input! Thumbswayup

The problem I'm having now is that when RTH is activated, the drone comes back fine but it won't rise to the pre-set height.
I currently have the RTH elevation set to 300', and if I'm flying at 100' that's the elevation it now returns at. It used to rise to the preset height, but no more. Any ideas why this might be happening?
The usual explanation is on p13 of your manual.
Aircraft will stop ascending and immediately return to the Home Point if you move the left stick when the aircraft reaches 20 meters (65 feet) altitudes or beyond during Failsafe.
And as usual, your flight data would be able to confirm if this is what's happening.

Thanks! I'll look at the flight logs but I'm pretty sure I'm not moving the stick once RTH is initiated. But - wouldn't be the first time I was wrong!

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Thanks! I'll look at the flight logs but I'm pretty sure I'm not moving the stick once RTH is initiated. But - wouldn't be the first time I was wrong!
Post your flight log if you need a data whisperer to help.

Reactions: Zeke
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54