DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH issue

KELLARK

Reactions
I just bought a used Mavic Pro that had been in a crash. Only noticable damage was a broken Front Right arm, a broken camera vibration plate and gimbal ribbon.

All was repaired at a local shop and the MP now flies great except for 2 issues.

The dreaded video pixelation and freezing and the RTH doesn't work properly.

When RTH is activated via either the button on controller or on the app the MP immediatley orientates itself toward the Homepoint and ascends past the set RTH altitude to the max flight altitude then just sits there. I can cancel and manually bring it down but I am worried what will happed if RTH is initiated by signal loss or low battery level.

All firmware is upto date.

I just bought a used Mavic Pro that had been in a crash. Only noticable damage was a broken Front Right arm, a broken camera vibration plate and gimbal ribbon.

All was repaired at a local shop and the MP now flies great except for 2 issues.

The dreaded video pixelation and freezing and the RTH doesn't work properly.

When RTH is activated via either the button on controller or on the app the MP immediatley orientates itself toward the Homepoint and ascends past the set RTH altitude to the max flight altitude then just sits there. I can cancel and manually bring it down but I am worried what will happed if RTH is initiated by signal loss or low battery level.

All firmware is upto date.

Someone else posted this problem the other day.

There was one suggestion made on the thread that had worked for another flyer.

"I connected to the laptop and checked with the Assistant 2 software and lo and behold, it indicated that something was iffy with the firmware, as it said that the remote was on the latest, while the drone was not (despite being updated via the app and the online app reporting that it was on the latest. I reloaded the latest firmware via assistant 2 and everything has been golden since"

There was a firmware mismatch which I corrected with Assistant 2. Took the MP to a safe location for testing and the problem waa still there.

It seemed as if the MP was trying to climb above an obstical so i turned of collision avoidance but no improvement.

Turned off RTH collision avoidance and success. The MP now does what it is supposed to do when i push RTH.

Would like to keep RTH collision avoidance on so does anyone have any idea whats wrong?

Damaged sensors most likely, you could try another cable between your controller and phone they are sometimes problematic. This may solve the pixilation, not so sure about the sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98