DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH issue

msmith1504

Reactions
It seems this topic has been discussed many times but today I discovered unusual behaviour.
RTH height set at 30m.
Max height set at 400ft.
When I pressed RTH during flight, drone ascended to 400ft and stayed there. Very odd.

I think I have read on here that if your drone is below the RTH height it will ascend to the RTH height, if your drone is above the RTH height when RTH is activated it will stay at that height and RTH.

It seems this topic has been discussed many times but today I discovered unusual behaviour.
RTH height set at 30m.
Max height set at 400ft.
When I pressed RTH during flight, drone ascended to 400ft and stayed there. Very odd.
As usual, the solution to the mystery is likely to be hidden in the recorded flight data.
To uncover the explanation, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
For help with analysis, come back and post a link to the report it provides.

I think I have read on here that if your drone is below the RTH height it will ascend to the RTH height, if your drone is above the RTH height when RTH is activated it will stay at that height and RTH.
Correct
RTH height set at 30m.
Max height set at 400ft.
First off Welcome to the forum msmith You say it went to 400' and stayed there or did it go to that height
and then RTH .If that is the case I would first double check my settings in app and if they are set right then
do as meta said and get those logs .

Correct

First off Welcome to the forum msmith You say it went to 400' and stayed there or did it go to that height
and then RTH .If that is the case I would first double check my settings in app and if they are set right then
do as meta said and get those logs .

No it went to 400ft and stayed there.

May I suggest you post your text log ; here is HOW TO.

First step - get the .txt log for that flight from your mobile device (Android or Apple) and upload it, either to the PhantomHelp website and post a link here, OR use the ATTACH FILES function to attach it directly to this thread.

TXT logs: DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason