DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH not working properly

Mine is set to RTH. Just verified. Looking at the logs it states that RTH activated and a/c went into landing mode because it was near home point.

i guess I need to take it out further. Was about 75 feet away. Havent really used RTH. Normally land it on my own.

"HEllo to everybody, it happend when my mavic was 1000 ft faraway I pushed RTH on the RC but instead to Return to Homepoint it started to Land.."

? The first sentence of the post by EVOLUTIONMavic

There are FOUR posters in this thread indicating the same issue. One seems solved, the others, need flight logs.

Reactions: Setinstone1
Reactions: Setinstone1
Thanks for the comments guys , so I tried today the RTH In a different area/location -a farm .
Had no trouble what so ever and landed pretty much where it took of , so I tried a different location again and it was perfect .
Went back to the original area I was having trouble with and it failed again , the only thing I can think of is maybe WiFi or cellar interference from surrounding properties and or maybe it can’t get an exact lock on the position to return .. who knows .

No issues today with Disconnect on side connection.

I lost the mavic air 2s recently drone with this software error. I set the home point as soon as it took off hovering above where I wanted the drone to land. When the warning for battery came on I pressed RTH ant it started landing in the middle of the lake. I updated RTH and it confine to land in a spot over the water. So I disconnected RTH and starting to fly home. I did not make it and lost the drone in the lake since it ran out of battery. I never had this problem with the old Mavic air. It still land where I tell it all the time.

Communication was great and a day with blue sky. I did notice RTH working erratically before where I had to land visually. Something is wrong with the firmware.

I lost the mavic air 2s recently drone with this software error.
Communication was great and a day with blue sky. I did notice RTH working erratically before where I had to land visually. Something is wrong with the firmware.
It's unlikely that the incident was related to a problem with firmware.
If it was, there would be hundreds of users having the same problem.
To find out what actually happened, post the recorded flight data here and someone might be able to find the real cause of the incident.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or just post that .txt file here.

Hmmmm. There is founders of users reporting this problem. RTH is not working, an essential part of flying when something goes wrong. I will post flight data later. During this flight I updated RTH two times. Both times tríen you land in the lake. I hope I can get flight data since I do not have the drone anymore.

Hmmmm. There is founders of users reporting this problem. RTH is not working, an essential part of flying when something goes wrong. I will post flight data later. During this flight I updated RTH two times. Both times tríen you land in the lake. I hope I can get flight data since I do not have the drone anymore.
RTH has proved to be very reliable and most reports turn out to be something else.
There will be a simple explanation for your incident and I think I already know what it was.
When you post the data, I'll be able to confirm. it.

Reactions: sar104
I have the same issue since i upgraded to the latest firmware. Press rth and it just goes straight into landing. Does not go up to the rth height level and does npt fly back. goes straight into landing and that is with the homepoint set and 15 satellites locked in.
You've just provided me with another powerful incentive to remain loyal to Litchi until the cows come home. Litchi never tries to impose an update on me and has never done anything out of the ordinary since I began using it for autonomous flights over 2,200 miles ago. In Litchi I trust, and from Litchi I shalt never stray.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair