DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Oddities

FrostyWinnipeg

Reactions
Yesterday when I was flying and hit RTH (return to home) the drone came in a straight line back as it should but at an off angle, I'd say 20 degrees. Then while over the home target it did small circles while coming down. Note, there was not much wind.

Reactions: Amarand
Welcome to the forum!

I have yet to try RTH, and it's on my list of things to try when the weather gets nicer, but when I saw "small circles" I immediately thought of my dogs, that always circle before "landing" on the blankets. :)

Looking forward to see what the RTH experts have to say!

Yesterday when I was flying and hit RTH (return to home) the drone came in a straight line back as it should but at an off angle, I'd say 20 degrees. Then while over the home target it did small circles while coming down. Note, there was not much wind.
Flight data?
Does your drone normally hover in place properly?
How far above ground was it doing circles?
What was below it?
Flight data?

Others will provide a technical appoach to resolution.... My experience is that the RTH not only operates accurately in accordance with parameters I set, but land on the same 2x2 cardboard launch/landing pad. This accuracy is far in excess of my initial expectations.

The Mav2 photographs the takeoff point. When you hit RTH, it returns, and starts it's decent. It's not unusual for the drone to vary it's downward decent so as to "match" the takeoff photograph to land.

Reactions: Amarand
I use RTH all the time, especially if I am not flying using Litchi. You can definitely trust it. I have only had one glitch, as my Mavic approached the landing, maybe 8ft alt, the Mavic suddenly flew horizontally towards some trees, until I stopped it. Other than that it works.

Sounds like you had a compass issue your lucky that toilet bowling did not get real bad..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov