DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH on Phantom 4

Lopachin

Reactions
Hi, I just bought a second hand Phantom 4 (who's batteries were only charged 14 times). At first sight everything looked ok, but when I flew it yesterday, the RTH function did not work as it should: the drone goes to its hight, turns in the right direction but stays hovering there (it was at approx. 50 m away from the homepoint).
Also the drone is flying at low speed...
When I try to set the home point manually, I get the message Weak gps signal...

When I flew it yesterday, the RTH function did not work as it should: the drone goes to its hight, turns in the right direction but stays hovering there (it was at approx. 50 m away from the homepoint).
The reason for that will probably be found in the recorded flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it

There's no need to set your home point manually, the drone does that automatically when it's powered on.
If you were trying to reset the home point to the current location of the controller, the weak GPS message actually means no GPS.
But if you have an Apple phone or tablet, there's a glitch with them that prevents you resetting home to the phone/tablet's location.

Reactions: Lopachin
If those flight logs are the right ones, you never initiated RTH.
There's no time in either log where the drone was in RTH mode, in both the drone was in normal P-GPS mode the whole time after launching.
If you use the RTH button on the controller, you need to press and hold for a second or two till you hear the beeping and see on the screen that it's in RTH mode.

If those flight logs are the right ones, you never initiated RTH.
There's no time in either log where the drone was in RTH mode, in both the drone was in normal P-GPS mode the whole time after launching.
If you use the RTH button on the controller, you need to press and hold for a second or two till you hear the beeping and see on the screen that it's in RTH mode.
I did though, put it in RTH mode, which was confirmed. It mounted to the set hight, turned to the direction of the home point and stayed there... Used both the button and the icon.

Hi, I just bought a second hand Phantom 4 (who's batteries were only charged 14 times). At first sight everything looked ok, but when I flew it yesterday, the RTH function did not work as it should: the drone goes to its hight, turns in the right direction but stays hovering there (it was at approx. 50 m away from the homepoint).
You are aware this is a Mavic Forum yes?

And there is a dedicated Phantom forum here...

Or the link at the bottom of this screen.

I did though, put it in RTH mode, which was confirmed. It mounted to the set hight, turned to the direction of the home point and stayed there... Used both the button and the icon.
If that is the case, the flight logs were not from the right flight.
The highest altitude reached was 34 feet above the launch point.

My bad, I changed from tablet to iPhone: these are the ones:
first
second
A warning message at 2:03.9 in the first flight log suggests there is a conflict between your RTH height and a Max altitude limit.
**Max Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary**
Try it again after setting your Max Altitude limit a little higher than the RTH height

Reactions: Lopachin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54