Join Us Now

RTH to RC. Most people don't know this.

Do you know how the RTH to RC works?

• Yes

Votes: 91 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 51 35.9%

• Total voters
...to be nit-picky it will take your current GPS position and set this as the RTH position. If you then wander off, it will not return to you ... it will return to the last recorded RTH position. If you wander off, stop, then reset the RTH, it will once again return to you because you are also at the RTH position. There is no current feature that will automatically and dynamically return to the RC. Though, I do believe this would be a great feature to have if you're listening, DJI! :)

Reactions: TxTroy
I've been experimenting with both HP- Me, and HP- Aircraft for awhile, since I wanted to use my MP on the water around islands where I could lose line of sight. After a couple near runaways with firmware and DJI Go versions a couple versions ago, I tested my MP with the latest. So the attached plots are with firmware v01.04.0000 and the compatible DJI Go 4 v4.1.10 (actually, 4.1.11). To those who do not understand, iPads are offered with cell capabilities. Mine is a Mini 4 wifi+cell and I'm using an AT&T SIM. I'm even running iOS 11+.

I'm an advocate of spending the time before posting on these threads, so that the information has some verifiable support. So what I've done after getting my MP back from DJI repair (that's another story) I conducted this experiment. I conducted a very simple flight with the intent of determining whether Active Track works, and performs periodic updates of the home point.

Active Track .JPG

Dynamic Home Point? You can judge. You can achieve the same result by updating the HP using the HP-Aircraft manually, but this is an experiment, since both use the GPS of the AC, not the mobile device. Note the 15 m. rule after activation of the Trace mode..

Active Track invoked under Go 4 does not automatically use automated invocation of HP- Aircraft, until the Trace mode is activated. Note that Active Track quibbled about locking onto my image. I had to back out and reactivate.

Active Track - Trace Mode 11-02-2017 _15-38-15 Fly038.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky