DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH

I will throw this other example out there - if I set my RTH to 50m and I am flying at 150m meters and I hit RTH - will the Mavic fly back to above the home point at 150 meters and then descend to the 50m then to the ground - or will it descend to 50m and then fly back - I think it is the first, it will stay at the 150m and fly to the spot above the home point and then descend - think of it a a minimum RTH !!
According to the manual ("RTH Safety Notices"), if the Mavic is further than 20 metres from the home point, it will RTH at or above the set RTH altitude, if it is already flying at or above the set RTH altitude i.e. I won't descend to the set RTH height, until it is over the home point.
i.e. It will do as you stated ... "the Mavic [will] fly back to above the home point at 150 meters and then descend to the 50m then to the ground".

If you are within 20 metres, then the RTH is done at current height, UNLESS that's lower than 10 metres - whereby the Mavic will first go up to 10 metres, then fly home.

Reactions: Drgnfli
If you are within 20 metres, then the RTH is done at current height, UNLESS that's lower than 10 metres - whereby the Mavic will first go up to 10 metres, then fly home.
And if less than 5 meters from the home point, it'll auto land at its current location instead of returning home.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
I'd encourage folks who fly in hilly areas - or canyons - to check out my post explaining how I lost my Mavic 2 Zoom. Maintaining a visual line of sight would have prevented this, but flying uphill and then behind a ridge were also major factors: How I Lost My Mavic 2 Zoom

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB