DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Running a course

psuchuck

Reactions
Hi all,

I have a new Air 2 and I have a bunch of small courses plotted on a map that I need to have the drone shoot video for me on. I can't figure out how to do it. Is there any documentation out there to make this happen?

Thanks,

CR

I have a new Air 2 and I have a bunch of small courses plotted on a map that I need to have the drone shoot video for me on. I can't figure out how to do it. Is there any documentation out there to make this happen?
You just have to wait for DJI to release the Air 2 SDK so that Litchi can support the Air 2.

Hi all,

Thanks,

CR
I am not familiar with that drone but the Mavi 2 Pro has WAYPOINTS which would be ideal for that task. I just did it in my Fairchild Tropical Gardens video submitted on today's forum. Look for it in today's list. I used 6 way points.

I am not familiar with that drone but the Mavi 2 Pro has WAYPOINTS which would be ideal for that task. I just did it in my Fairchild Tropical Gardens video submitted on today's forum. Look for it in today's list. I used 6 way points.

Thanks for the reply, and what a beautiful video you made. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to set the waypoints in the software while the drone is in the air running?

CR

Thanks for the reply, and what a beautiful video you made. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to set the waypoints in the software while the drone is in the air running?

CR
A Big Fat NO! That is the beauty of it all. You can sit at your air conditioned desk the day before your shoot (it is still hot here in Miami) and do the entire route on your screen (I use a 9.5 inch iPad). All you need to do is to GOOGLE the term, Waypoint Mavic 2 Pro and you will find at least 5-6 video on the technique. Click on my attachment to see. You can set the way points, point of interest, height at each way point, etc. Then store it for use at another time and date. When you get to your destination, you open up the file and upload it, and start!

Best of luck- go ahead and try it. I started practice with two way points. The Fairchild Gardens video had 6 way points. Again, I am not sure that this is available in the Mavic Air 2.

Dale
Miami

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 2.36.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 2.36.41 PM.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 13
You can only set the waypoints when the drone is hovering in the air. That’s what he’s doing in the video, I know how to do this. That’s worthless in real life.

unfortunately, the air 2 is basically just a toy until you can program routes like any other real drone.

You can only set the waypoints when the drone is hovering in the air. That’s what he’s doing in the video, I know how to do this. That’s worthless in real life.

unfortunately, the air 2 is basically just a toy until you can program routes like any other real drone.
That just reaffirms for me that I made the right decision to sell my Mavic Air 1 and buy the Mavic 2 Pro . The Mavic Air 2 was not yet. available, I don't think. I guess you get what you pay for and in my case, I am happy to have this option on my drone.

That just reaffirms for me that I made the right decision to sell my Mavic Air 1 and buy the Mavic 2 Pro . The Mavic Air 2 was not yet. available, I don't think. I guess you get what you pay for and in my case, I am happy to have this option on my drone.
You 100% made the right choice. Mine is going back to Amazon. I didn’t realize this before I bought it.

It will become available when they release the SDK for the Mavic Air 2. It's a fairly new drone but I don't doubt it has the computing horsepower to do it.

It will become available when they release the SDK for the Mavic Air 2. It's a fairly new drone but I don't doubt it has the computing horsepower to do it.
Any idea when new SDK might be released?

I really want to like this drone but I think psuchuck is correct...it’s a toy - high quality for sure. unless ofcourse you can set Real waypoints and send it, like other professional drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69