DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Russia?

Reactions
After flying in Hawaii as a rookie and loving the zoom, I’m now off to Russia. After searching for any recent information on getting in and out without problems, and not finding much, I’m hoping someone will see this and update us on their experience. I fly into Moscow and then to Kamchatka and back I will be flying in the snowy wilderness there. It’s great to read all the great information on this site.

Brah.... Absolutely research it and don't go by 1 persons opinion. There's countless of stories online of different countries customs holding on to drones on the airport and only releasing them at a heft price that makes it better to abandon and buy new again. And beware, one couple went to Columbia and was told by the Airport customer care that drones are fine to enter. But when they got there they confiscated it and said they needed a permit otherwise it's illegal. The asked for almost 2000$ to get it back. Corrupt.

Welcome to the forum!
As suggested above be sure to research travel with drones to Russia. Here’s a couple of links to get you started. Contact points are also listed in them.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: Diamondforkshooter
Brah.... Absolutely research it and don't go by 1 persons opinion. There's countless of stories online of different countries customs holding on to drones on the airport and only releasing them at a heft price that makes it better to abandon and buy new again. And beware, one couple went to Columbia and was told by the Airport customer care that drones are fine to enter. But when they got there they confiscated it and said they needed a permit otherwise it's illegal. The asked for almost 2000$ to get it back. Corrupt.

Yup, that's the general way things operate down south of the border. Spent time there when younger. Most everyone takes bribes n enough $$$ you can do bad things as well. If you ever witness the flow of traffic seems to stop coming at you? You best stop too. Hold ups n kidnappings is a very lucrative business down there. We put a dent in the human trafficking n drugs but it's all about $$$ even with the diplomatic elite n US politicians otherwise known as thieves n perverts. The story's I could tell,,, Russia is about the same page imho, but there's alot of a good people too.

Welcome to the forum!
As suggested above be sure to research travel with drones to Russia. Here’s a couple of links to get you started. Contact points are also listed in them.
Drones need to be registered is old news, that’s a 2017 law but so far there isn’t anyway too register them........as far as I can tell. I’m only concerned about security taking it at the airport in Moscow or in Kamchatka. I will only be flying it in the wilderness with absolutely no one around. I have heard one traveler say that it was no problem going into and out of Moscow Was hoping to hear from others that had done it.

After flying in Hawaii as a rookie and loving the zoom, I’m now off to Russia. After searching for any recent information on getting in and out without problems, and not finding much, I’m hoping someone will see this and update us on their experience. I fly into Moscow and then to Kamchatka and back I will be flying in the snowy wilderness there. It’s great to read all the great information on this site.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Diamondforkshooter
I had a great time and there wasn’t an issue at either of the Russian airports. Spent a couple weeks

Could you please share with us some details.... like if you informed any Authorities/Policeman about you flying the drone.... or in which cities you tried your drone(if not only in Moscow or Kamchatka)... or anything else which is important for us.

Could you please share with us some details.... like if you informed any Authorities/Policeman about you flying the drone.... or in which cities you tried your drone(if not only in Moscow or Kamchatka)... or anything else which is important for us.
I was hunting. I flew over 15 flights all over Kamchatka. I did not try and fly my drone in Moscow. We where there 2 days before their big celebration and spent 3 days in Moscow . Very beautiful.

Reactions: amitkool21
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13