DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Safe (maximum) working distance for mavic

Ed Henry

Reactions
So, ive seem posts for maximum distances and heights, but what might be considered a safe sort of maximum "working " distance as far as signal strength is concerned ?? Under average conditions, from what i have seen, must be about 3/4 to one mile?? I know ill watch the signal strength but as i am just going off beginner mode, might be nice to have a rough idea. I'm going to do a waypoint around the pond we live on.

So, ive seem posts for maximum distances and heights, but what might be considered a safe sort of maximum "working " distance as far as signal strength is concerned ?? Under average conditions, from what i have seen, must be about 3/4 to one mile?? I know ill watch the signal strength but as i am just going off beginner mode, might be nice to have a rough idea. I'm going to do a waypoint around the pond we live on.
Howdy from Wyoming Ed Henry, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. It depends entirely on the environment, out here where it is flat I can fly for miles, in woodsy and hilly terrain (or areas with a lot of minerals in the ground) your distance will be less. It is best for you to carefully fly the area manually beforehand to ensure connectivity.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Well, just in from two successful waypoints around the pond. I guess its smaller than I thought. I was QUITE nervous as it went just out if sight and sound but at about 600 ft away only at the furthest point and 6500 ft all the way around, the signal never budged from full......lol

Well, just in from two successful waypoints around the pond. I guess its smaller than I thought. I was QUITE nervous as it went just out if sight and sound but at about 600 ft away only at the furthest point and 6500 ft all the way around, the signal never budged from full......lol
Nice!

DJI declares 4.3 or 2.5 miles Tx range, depending on region.

Sketch.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhop786