DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Safe places to fly around Estes Park?

NaweG

Reactions
Will be coming up just after July 4th. I know NOT to go anywhere in the NP with my Air 2, but am wondering if there is anywhere near Estes where I can get up safely and get some good shots of the mountains? Thanks in advance!

It’s pretty tough but if you go to the other side of RMNP there’s lake Granby and some open areas there... probably a couple hour drive... but great scenery! H marks Estes...

Attachments

• DF1B9B64-3FEE-4393-BD5E-7E2B5CBC0D17.png
    DF1B9B64-3FEE-4393-BD5E-7E2B5CBC0D17.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: NaweG
Will be coming up just after July 4th. I know NOT to go anywhere in the NP with my Air 2, but am wondering if there is anywhere near Estes where I can get up safely and get some good shots of the mountains? Thanks in advance!
I live in Estes Park and I go the high school practice football field near the observatory. You won't need to fly over the school at all you can get some great pics/video of Lake Estes as well as the mountains. If you go out HWY 7 there's several pulloffs that you could launch from and get some great pics of Longs Peak, Mt. Meeker, Estes Cone, etc., as long as you're careful not to overfly personal property or the highway. Also be mindful of the wind as we don't get many days without some kind of breeze.

Reactions: NaweG

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78