DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Safe temperatures to fly drone

I would have to sit in my air conditioned car to fly it.

I'm in the Phoenix Metro Area, Arizona.

I still get to fly outdoors... sometimes. It's 105 today. Supposed to be a high of 98 by Friday, and back up to 105 by Monday again.

• Haha
Reactions: itsneedtokno
So I flew it with no problems...except a run in with the law :rolleyes:
I drove past 5 cops to my take off location today (they were set up for some sort of operation). As soon as I parked one started coming my way, watched me launch, and drove away. Then 5 minutes later, a second one came and watched for a few then left.

That was the extent of it.

This sounds like a story... lemme grab some popcorn. And a beer, since I'm done flying for today.

For those of us that live in warmer parts of the US we wouldn’t be able to fly 1/3 of the year if we didn’t fly in 93 or hotter temps!

Reactions: dawgpilot
I stop flying at 90f, mainly my tablet slows down. At 85 I have to take the case covers off.

My experience has been at 95 degrees and 68 percent relative my drone is pushing the limits of its abilities. It starts to get heat warnings and more importantly my IPad mini will notify me that I need to shut down operations and allow the unit to cool. I have also noticed that at that temperature I start to get signal break up and intermittent signal loss. It is not worth it to me to push that envelope. My own do not fly limit is 85 degrees, 50 percent relative and 10 mph wind speed or below. Of course my MP2 is slightly higher investment price point so that makes me a little more cautious.

Is there a thermal protection on the MM that prevents the drone from operating when outside temp is too high ??

I think you would be wise to read through the manual before flying the aircraft. You might just read something that will save your Drone from a crash, or worse.

Because WDK two weeks ago i tried to fly my MM on a hot day 38 celcius (100 fahrenheit ) and the app was telling me that controller can't connect with aircraft, but later on that day at my house everything was back to normal !!:confused: Never had that problem before !

Because WDK two weeks ago i tried to fly my MM on a hot day 38 celcius (100 fahrenheit ) and the app was telling me that controller can't connect with aircraft, but later on that day at my house everything was back to normal !!:confused: Never had that problem before !

I am a fairly new pilot here but I am pretty sure that your connection issue was not related to heat. I have flown in over 100 degree weather but because as I said my motors were fairly warm so I have decided since that my cut off would be 95 degrees.

There are times when my controller does not connect but on those occasions I shut my drone down and then the controller and try again until it does. It has never taken more than a couple of cycles.

WDK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet