DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Safe to install?

scorpio66

Reactions
Hi guys.
I finally ordered my MA2 FMC today with SC. I understand it best to update all through the DJI assistant on my pc. With all these threads about Firmware and App problems, is it OK to go ahead when my gear arrives? Is there a specific order to do things? I'd like to get off to a decent start with as little hassle as poss!
Cheers!

I would stay clear of 1.2.xyz until all the problem threads dry up.
I do not know if it 1.2.xyz includes firmware updates for the drone etc. but I would not fancy having to roll back drone firmware etc.
'Rolling back' the App is relatively simple, copy all the logs off the phone to some storage, unistall the App, delete all the folders under and including "dji.go.v5" (<- belt and braces approach and probably not necessary) then reinstall via an APK of an pre 1.2 version. Make one flight then, if you removed them, copy all the logs back to the phone.
The "copying" might be the longest bit.

If I was you, I would try and setup/active as is, don't do any updates.....yet...
Check out your kit before tossing another variable (an "update"), and make sure all is working as expected.

You do not have to update if you don't want to.

Once you feel your AC and all is working as it should/expected, then you can go thru the decision process of "doing an update".....

Nothing like a factory flash....

Reactions: Mrmund
I would stay clear of 1.2.xyz until all the problem threads dry up.
I do not know if it 1.2.xyz includes firmware updates for the drone etc. but I would not fancy having to roll back drone firmware etc.
'Rolling back' the App is relatively simple, copy all the logs off the phone to some storage, unistall the App, delete all the folders under and including "dji.go.v5" (<- belt and braces approach and probably not necessary) then reinstall via an APK of an pre 1.2 version. Make one flight then, if you removed them, copy all the logs back to the phone.
The "copying" might be the longest bit.
It is a little worrying I must confess. I was hoping as it's a new Smart Controller I would avoid a lot of issues.

If I was you, I would try and setup/active as is, don't do any updates.....yet...
Check out your kit before tossing another variable (an "update"), and make sure all is working as expected.

You do not have to update if you don't want to.

Once you feel your AC and all is working as it should/expected, then you can go thru the decision process of "doing an update".....

Nothing like a factory flash....
Thanks. Not sure If the Smart Controller comes with the fly app pre installed or not.

Updates are not mandatory and should be researched prior to clicking the button. Release notes may provide some clues as to the content of said update, but DJI is not required to tell all that may be lurking in the mix.
There are many examples of updates that are not quite what one was hoping to get in the process.
Bugs are bugs and there are plenty of people out there willing to find them and provide the needed insight to help make them visible.
Your call.

Reactions: scorpio66
Updates are not mandatory and should be researched prior to clicking the button. Release notes may provide some clues as to the content of said update, but DJI is not required to tell all that may be lurking in the mix.
There are many examples of updates that are not quite what one was hoping to get in the process.
Bugs are bugs and there are plenty of people out there willing to find them and provide the needed insight to help make them visible.
Your call.
Noted my friend. My drone has arrived. Charging everything right now. I will fire up both later and take it from there. All gone well so far!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000