DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Safe to upgrade yet?

looopson

Reactions
I'm currently running firmware version 4 and DJI GO 4.0.7. I downgraded from 6 because I was the getting the "NFZ" error message when I would boot up my Mavic Pro.

I've noticed some issues lately...

1) most notably poor video reception after about 1000 feet, bad video reception when turning the drone 360 degrees (the video on my phone seems to lag behind or get choppy and show black box on screen but only sometimes). I am using a Galaxy S7 running the latest Android platform. I ALWAYS run it airplane mode and have it boot up when I plug the RC into the phone...

2) I also experience frequent crashes of the DJI GO app. I'm able to simply re-open it and keep flying but it's so buggy!! Very frustrating.

3) I've also been noticing that at about 350 feet, the video gets a little shaky. Perhaps I've been flying it in windier areas than normal though and the drone is getting pushed around a little bit... I'm not sure what sort of winds make it shift but it's so light, it can't be much!

4) I'm getting frequent "battery status error" messages but I believe this is more related to the down-charging of my batteries. I've figured out by holding down the button on the battery, it restarts the down-charge and then I can get the drone flying with it plugged in. Nevertheless, I never got these error messages when it was brand new five months ago.

I know that there was a lot of reluctance to upgrade to the latest DJI GO when it came out because there were rumors it would limit your flying capabilities. I've also heard that the recent firmware version may not allow you to fly in temporary no fly zones (please confirm this if anyone can). Any complaints about the latest firmware?

Considering all of the errors I've been experiencing lately, does anyone recommend upgrading to the latest DJI GO software and firmware at this point? I'm almost willing to give it a shot and see what happens.

How can I get a previous version of DJI GO? I don't think that's an option in Google Playstore...?

So you're still running version 4 firmware too?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smxrfyy