DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SAFETY ALERT Tripltek 8 Pro Battery Explodes

I guess I missed the explosion part.
I'm betting the RC Pro won't do this, and has a clean hdmi port, with 4x the TX power to boot :cool:
---RC PRO fanboy, lol.

I guess the owner of the video was hoping for more clicks by using the word "Explodes".... seems like word definitions no longer matter LOL

Definition of explode

intransitive verb
1: to burst forth with sudden violence or noise from internal energy: such as
a: to undergo a rapid chemical or nuclear reaction with the production of noise, heat, and violent expansion of gases: dynamite explodes
b: to burst violently as a result of pressure from within

transitive verb

1: to cause to explode or burst noisily: explode a bomb

I'd call that a "Melt Down" due to a Thermal Run Away with the battery. I wonder what the "Back Story" is and what happened previously with that tablet. While I can't say it never happens but it's rare for a battery to have a self destruct sequence without some outside help.

Not knowing the back side story either I will venture a guess. Looks like he made a 3D printed bracket or bought one that is readily available. My guess he used screws that are to long and punctured the battery.
Might be more to it .

UPDATE:
Found a updated video explaining what went wrong.

Not knowing the back side story either I will venture a guess. Looks like he made a 3D printed bracket or bought one that is readily available. My guess he used screws that are to long and punctured the battery.
Might be more to it .

UPDATE:

Excellent find!! Good to know and now "We Know the Rest of the Story" (I just dated myself here LOL)

Excellent find!! Good to know and now "We Know the Rest of the Story" (I just dated myself here LOL)
Paul Harvey was a brilliant story teller!!! Dated? maybe. Awesome, definitely.

I really appreciate hearing about this. I have had zero problems with my Tripltek post resolving a minor defect when I first got mine. My SIM/SD card tray was poorly formed and when I would insert it, the sd card would get destroyed. Went through a few cards, before I sent it back, and then had to get them to understand the issue was not a user issue. That having been said, it has been a GREAT device. And one I am not sure I could live without now.

Reactions: BigAl07
Might be more to it .

UPDATE:
Augustine, I believe you're correct. In an earlier video he said his screws were too long and when he inserted them one must have touched the battery. If I recall correctly, he dropped the tablet and that caused the meltdown. If I'm right, it's not a problem with the tablet but a user problem.

The Tripletek 8 comes with 2 brackets the size of a medium picture hanger and small screws to mount them. The offset from the back of the tablet allows clearance for a hefty hand strap. If you want to attach a bracket, simply drill holes in the back of the bracket and tap them (I used a #10 32tpi) and use high quality machine screws that are short enough not to touch the back of the tablet.

That was a pretty tame lithium battery short, as such things go. This is the reason that FAA/airlines don’t allow Li batteries in checked luggage, they can catch on fire when damaged, in this case by user error.

The second video tells the story. If you want long life out of your gear don’t punch through the case with something conductive! Could have hit circuitry, the screen, anything.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13