DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sample HLG file?

Prime12

Reactions
Can someone possibly share a small sample HLG file, straight out of Air 2S? I recently bought myself a HDR monitor and am catching the drone bug again.

To reiterate, a HLG file straight out of the drone (not a Youtube link), so I can see how it plays on my monitor and also play around with it a little bit in Resolve.

Subject doesn't matter; could literally be a 10 second file with the camera pointing at a wall, lol.

Thanks in advance!

Can someone possibly share a small sample HLG file, straight out of Air 2S? I recently bought myself a HDR monitor and am catching the drone bug again.

To reiterate, a HLG file straight out of the drone (not a Youtube link), so I can see how it plays on my monitor and also play around with it a little bit in Resolve.

Subject doesn't matter; could literally be a 10 second file with the camera pointing at a wall, lol.

Thanks in advance!
which monitor you bought?

I have hours of HLG from my A2s. Some of it is online (YouTube: Roamer105) but prior to put it there I do process all of it into HDR10 using Davinci Resolve.

But I retain the originals.

I have hours of HLG from my A2s. Some of it is online (YouTube: Roamer105) but prior to put it there I do process all of it into HDR10 using Davinci Resolve.

Is there a reason you are doing the conversion before uploading? I got my Air 2S a few days ago and played with it for a bit. The HLG files straight out of the drone all look a bit overexposed / bright on my monitor. If I convert them to ST2084 1000 nits (only conversion, no color grading) they look more normal. Curious if you have the same issue.

Thanks for posting those. I have a related question if you don't mind.

I came across an old thread where you explained how to convert from DLogM to Rec 2020 PQ. When I tried to follow your workflow step by step, I realized the current version of Resolve does not have 'Bypass' option for input space anymore.

I was wondering if you have found a way around this, or have altered your workflow.

Sorry for being a bit late with my response:

A lot of things have changed with the recent version(s) of Resolve mostly good and some not-so-good. I don't know if you are using the Studio version as I do, so some of the things I set may not be available in the free version.
Aside from re-processing some older footage (mostly M2P DlogM) with new settings I have not processed any new footage like that. With my A2S I shoot HLG exclusively.

Here are the most recent settings I've used to process DlogM 4K-10bit footage into HDR10 using Davinci Resolve Studio 18.1.2 (latest beta as of this post):
Dlog settings for HDR out.jpg

Step 1 is to correct the Dlog gamma into regular Rec709 by selecting an appropriate (your preference) LUT and set it to the "Input LUT" slot.

Step 2 is to select custom with separate gamma and colorspace settings: Choose Rec709 with Rec2100 HLG. That is the best input starting point leading Resolve to map it into the Davinci Wide Gamut - Davinci Intermediate TIMELINE.
All the grading happens here using the HDR color wheels and the Parade (set reference levels and extents). Adjust your peaks to 1000 nit (in combination with the rest of the adjustments). Since your input media is still mapped into SDR you do have to use the HDR grading wheels to expand the footage into 1000 nits:
Use the rest of the HDR grading to lift "light", "highlights" and "specular". I found the contrast of the input LUT to be a bit excessive so be picky with the choice. But you can use "Dark" and "Shadow" to lift and expand the shadow details.
There are different ways to do "massage" the footage. You can use the SDR tools to "lift" the footage (using offset). Sometimes that will produce better results it all depends on preferences.

Your production output step is the same for all HDR processing modes. If your input material is HLG for example, I remove the input LUT (of course!) and change the input color space from 709 to Davinci Wide Gamut. combined with Rec2100 HLG (Scene) gamma. This, along with keeping the working and output luminance at 1000 nit. I output this timeline like the previously discussed material in Rec2020 - ST2084-1000nit.

Make sure in all cases to check "Use color space aware grading tools"

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini