DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung A51 compatibility with the DJI fly app.

Brigs66

Reactions
Would anyone happen to know if the Samsung A51 works with the DJI fly app. I see its not on the DJI list, but a friend of mine has a Samsung A5 that is also not on the list but does work with the fly app?

Would anyone happen to know if the Samsung A51 works with the DJI fly app. I see its not on the DJI list, but a friend of mine has a Samsung A5 that is also not on the list but does work with the fly app?
Looking at the specs at GSM Arena it looks like it should. Also has a built in compass which a lot of Samsungs don't have. Best way to figure it out is to download the Fly apk to it from the DJI website and try to install it.

Last edited:
I fly my drones with a A51 and supports DJI Fly, DJI Go 4, Autel Evo 2, Dronelink and Litchi. No problems either with my android tablet. For my DJI FPV I used the APK.

Samsung just released the successor to the A51, the A52 today (March 17). So you may want to look at it instead of purchasing a phone released over a year ago. I have the A71 and it also has worked flawlessly with the Fly and AZ Screen Recorder to record all of my "Fly" flights without any stutters or crashes.

Reactions: RMS001
I have a Samsung Galaxy a51 and i have a problem because i bought a Mavic Mini 2 but when I download the DJI FLY app from the oficial site it shows me that "Canot open the file" What i have to do in that situation ?

I have a Samsung Galaxy a51 and i have a problem because i bought a Mavic Mini 2 but when I download the DJI FLY app from the oficial site it shows me that "Canot open the file" What i have to do in that situation ?
Same here. Trying to download DJI Fly app and it says file type not supported.
You have to go into your settings and allow unknown sources.

You have to specifically say which sources. The file is downloaded and there is no choice for "downloaded files". Any idea which source I have to give permission to?

Unfortunately, I have to select the source and there is no source that says downloads or anything that makes sense. I have tried a few things and it still says file type not supported.

Unfortunately, I have to select the source and there is no source that says downloads or anything that makes sense. I have tried a few things and it still says file type not supported.
I think it's in the location in the link I posted in my previous post. Not where you are looking now.

I went into developer options and don't see anything that allows for mock locations or unknown sources. But I can do that in another tab but I still have to choose a source and nothing is working.

I just deleted the fly app from my A51, then downloaded and installed the fly apk from dji website. A bubble pops up to the setting that needs to be approved. After that the the app downloads and installs. No issues ever flying with this phone.

Not sure what I did but tried one final time to install the download and it is installing. My guess is I "reset" something and that did it. Dang what a pain. I appreciate the help!

Reactions: RMS001 and Tufargon
Not sure what I did but tried one final time to install the download and it is installing.
I doubt you'll have anymore trouble. Well done! Don't be surprised if it asks you to update after the install. Have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25