DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung A7 Lite tablet

djwak59

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi all. I’ve got a Samsung A7 Lite. I’ve successfully loaded Fly app. , and it seems to work but haven’t actually used it yet because I haven’t done a maiden flight yet with my MA2.
Anyone using this tablet and it’s working ok ?? Thanks.

I also have that tablet and fly it with my MA2 and it works perfectly. Never had it drop the connection (just jinxed myself) and I can run all four batteries off it and still have power left on the tablet with max brightness.

You'll need a sun screen or shade in bright sunlight but other than that it is really working out great for me.

Awesome ! Thanks. I was kinda worried because prior to buying my MA2, I was reading all kinds of bads things about DJI and Samsung/Android not playing well with each other. I know I’m gonna need a sun shade, been researching those too. What are you using ?? Thanks again for fast reply.

Well I always find a nice place in the shade for my old sorry butt to sit whenever I scout a location to fly. So far its worked out pretty well.

Well I always find a nice place in the shade for my old sorry butt to sit whenever I scout a location to fly. So far its worked out pretty well.
Ohhhh I see, you use natural sun shade !
I’m looking for a foldable shade I can put on the tablet. Most of them I’ve seen are either too small or too big ! Thanks.

Reactions: rickfmdj
Agreed, that's why I stopped. I tried one recommended on the site from Aliexpress but it never shipped so I gave up.

Hi all. I’ve got a Samsung A7 Lite. I’ve successfully loaded Fly app. , and it seems to work but haven’t actually used it yet because I haven’t done a maiden flight yet with my MA2.
Anyone using this tablet and it’s working ok ?? Thanks.
I have the Galaxy A7 Lite with a 64bit processor, 3g ram and 8.7" screen. It works very well with my M2 after 3 flights. I want to try some flights using Litchi and Dronelink. Sometimes impossible to see the screen on sunny days but after searching on the net I finally found a sunshade that fits and it helps tremendously. Enjoy your tablet.
This is the shade I bought and fits the tablet & controller perfectly including access flaps to cable connection and allowances for support bracket, etc.

Last edited:
I have the Galaxy A7 Lite with a 64bit processor, 3g ram and 8.7" screen. It works very well with my M2 after 3 flights. I want to try some flights using Litchi and Dronelink. Sometimes impossible to see the screen on sunny days but after searching on the net I finally found a sunshade that fits and it helps tremendously. Enjoy your tablet.
This is the shade I bought and fits the tablet & controller perfectly including access flaps to cable connection and allowances for support bracket, etc.

Hey Rotorfreak, thanks for the link. You posted this in another thread and I used it to make the purchase, the order went through and 20 days later they cancelled the order. I'll have to give it another shot.

Sorry to hear they cancelled the order? Weird! I'd try again because I know you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Did you try Amazon or Banggood?I’ve heard some negative things about AliExpress.

Did you try Amazon or Banggood?I’ve heard some negative things about AliExpress.
I searched everywhere including Banggood and Amazon. AliExpress were the only ones that offered a size that fits. I prefer to avoid AliExpress but sometimes we have no choice like in this case so I took a chance and it worked out.

Reactions: March411
I searched everywhere including Banggood and Amazon. AliExpress were the only ones that offered a size that fits. I prefer to avoid AliExpress but sometimes we have no choice like in this case so I took a chance and it worked out.
Ok cool. I checked out your link. Also I’d like to know if you have your tablet in an armor case. I do, and I’m wondering if the shade will fit over it. Hmmmm.

Yes, I do have an armor case installed but I remove it when flying my mini. I use a small bag for my M2 and without the protective case the tablet slips right into a sleeve on that bag. It's also easier to install when using the shade. No big deal because the armor case is easy to put on and remove from the tablet. I leave it at home when flying.

Hi
Having a trouble working out which size to get (Samsung Tab A7 lite 8.7) Did you get the small one or the larger one. The small one would appear to be a tight fit and the large one way to big ????
Cheers guys

I measured the shade because I couldn't remember and I didn't want to go by price.
Yep, the smaller 8.5" wide fits perfectly. I bought 2 other ones (different make) from AE and they were too small. You'll be happy to have finally found one that works right off the bat!

Reactions: locknload595
I measured the shade because I couldn't remember and I didn't want to go by price.
Yep, the smaller 8.5" wide fits perfectly. I bought 2 other ones (different make) from AE and they were too small. You'll be happy to have finally found one that works right off the bat!
Thank you kind Sir
Have gone ahead and ordered the small one
Cheers Doug

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13