DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is not conecting to RC

Rjlinares

Reactions
I have a Samsung Galaxy note 8 and I can't connect the RC to the phone.. I tried doing factory reset, I uninstalled the app 8 times and reinstalled, I can use the mavic air without the phone, just RC and AC, I can use AC via wifi but not the Phone, RC and AC combo ... anyone knows how to fix this ??? I called dji for support and I wasn't able to get help.. they just put me thru a bunch of videos like in stupid...

Reactions: SmokeySpoon
Make sure you arent using a cheap charge only cable to the phone. Make sure if using the bottom port on the RC for the phone connection that you remove the side cable completely from the RC.

Reactions: AnzacJack
Make sure you arent using a cheap charge only cable to the phone. Make sure if using the bottom port on the RC for the phone connection that you remove the side cable completely from the RC.
May i ask why he should use the bottom port? I have been having some issues with my MA losing connection and i an using a Type-C on the Side port... Could this be a issue?

Also with some Andrioid products I have found the following routine to be of help.

Power on the RC
Power on the Drone and wait about 30 sec
Start the App

I use the bottom port also

May i ask why he should use the bottom port? I have been having some issues with my MA losing connection and i an using a Type-C on the Side port... Could this be a issue?
The full size bottom USB port will let you use a quality cable. The side mount cables supplied by DJI give a lot of people trouble for some reason. Remove it completely, and use a good cord in the bottom.

I am having the exact same issue. I was able to get it running on my iPad Mini 2, which is fun and all, but for portability, I wish I could use my Note 8. I am seriously considering selling my Note 8 for a Pixel 2 XL...

I have a Samsung Galaxy note 8 and I can't connect the RC to the phone.. I tried doing factory reset, I uninstalled the app 8 times and reinstalled, I can use the mavic air without the phone, just RC and AC, I can use AC via wifi but not the Phone, RC and AC combo ... anyone knows how to fix this ??? I called dji for support and I wasn't able to get help.. they just put me thru a bunch of videos like in stupid...
If you are having trouble connecting, you should try using another cable plugged into the bottom of the RC. Make sure you unplug the side cable. If that doesn't work, try turning on USB debugging in developer options (you unlock developer mode by tapping the build number 10 times). Try resetting the default applications. If that doesn't work, DJI really has a problem with their product.

If you are having trouble connecting, you should try using another cable plugged into the bottom of the RC. Make sure you unplug the side cable. If that doesn't work, try turning on USB debugging in developer options (you unlock developer mode by tapping the build number 10 times). Try resetting the default applications. If that doesn't work, DJI really has a problem with their product.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it, however, I have already tried all possible alternatives to get it working. I even went as far as doing a factory reset on it, trying the connection with no updates to my OS and after updates as well, the issue persists. I made sure my phone is detected via my PC (able to transfer files), no issues there. It really does seem like an issue with DJI and Samsung phones, or specifically with the Note 8 line...

Also with some Andrioid products I have found the following routine to be of help.

Power on the RC
Power on the Drone and wait about 30 sec
Start the App

I use the bottom port also
This is what it state's in the manual how to start up as well, and when I did it out of order with my S8 I had nothing but problems getting everything connected.

Reporting back on my findings. Attempted connection with both a Pixel 2 XL and a Galaxy S8, no issues there. It really seems like a Note 8/DJI incompatibility.

The note 8 is one of the few tested and APPROVED for use with the Mavic. You must be doing something wrong. Androids arent as "plug and play" as apple devices. They take a bit of user manipulation I have read.

From the Website;

APP / LIVE VIEW
  • iOS V4.3.3
    Requires iOS 9.0 or above.
    Compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4.
    Optimized for iPhone X.

Android V4.3.2
    Requires Android 5.0 or above.
    Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

Hi,
I used a Note 8 and now Note 9 without any problems.
When you connect the RC with your mobile check the Message Line you should see a message that your mobile is connected to a USB device. Select there the option 'more USB options' and choose 'Data transfer'. Then it should work. Good luck.
(The messages might be slightly different since my mobile is in German and not in English)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki