DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Tab 4 compatibility

MARK (LI)

Reactions
I have a Samsung Tab4 that really was not used much and it still seems to work fine....I was thinking of using it instead of my Apple phone for Mini2...because of the larger screen.....I can's seem to find the DJI Fly app, though...is the tab just too old?

The DJI apps have been hard to get through the app stores for a while now ... either they just aren't there anymore or it's not the latest version there.

You need to go here --> DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI & download the android version of the DJI Fly app & then manually install it on your Tab 4 ... that tablet should work fine with the Fly app as it's a full 64 bit device.

I have a Samsung Tab4 that really was not used much and it still seems to work fine....I was thinking of using it instead of my Apple phone for Mini2...because of the larger screen.....I can's seem to find the DJI Fly app, though...is the tab just too old?
Is that Tablet on DJI's approved list. If not, it may or may not work. No harm in trying though.

I found it using suggestion from @slup ...but would not load...it's ok I was just going to use it for the larger screen...I have an Ipad also ...works on that ...although it seems that each device has its own flight count

I found it using suggestion from @slup ...but would not load...it's ok I was just going to use it for the larger screen...I have an Ipad also ...works on that ...although it seems that each device has its own flight count
That's strange ... I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 & the Fly app installs nicely ... starts up perfectly & once logged in I'm in the below screen. Can't continue as I don't own a DJI Fly operated craft so can't confirm if it will stop later though ...

1619032084302.png

Hi Mark,
I recently bought a basic Lenovo Tab M8 tablet. I briefly had a Mini 1 so wanted to see if I could get the Fly app on the tablet to test out. It doesn’t appear in the play store even though the tablet is 64bit, so I tried @slup link above to download it. But like you when it went to install, I got an error message. What I had to do was find the app in my ‘files’ folder and and install it from there. Once I did that, I got a message about a installing unknown apps and had to allow it in my system prefs on my tablet then the Fly app installed and runs fine.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: MARK (LI)
That's strange ... I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 & the Fly app installs nicely ... starts up perfectly & once logged in I'm in the below screen. Can't continue as I don't own a DJI Fly operated craft so can't confirm if it will stop later though ...

I'm thinking it's the much older Tab 4 rather than the S4 since as you say the S4 should handle it fine and DJI Go works great on my S3:

Reactions: slup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair