DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung tab A

Thanks for the reply! I just got one about a year ago and I'm getting sick of using the small screen on my lenovo moto g5 plus. I'm thinking about getting a mavmount and moving up to the 10 inch screen but didn't want to spend the money on the mount without knowing if it would work.

You might want to try it and see how it works for you. Since you cant fit a 10" device into the claws of the controller, you will have to have a device extender or Mavmount. But, for testing only, you can just hook it up on a table, install DJI Go 4, and see how fluid the app is.

You might want to try it and see how it works for you. Since you cant fit a 10" device into the claws of the controller, you will have to have a device extender or Mavmount. But, for testing only, you can just hook it up on a table, install DJI Go 4, and see how fluid the app is.
Thanks, that what i was just thinking

Thanks for the reply! I just got one about a year ago and I'm getting sick of using the small screen on my lenovo moto g5 plus. I'm thinking about getting a mavmount and moving up to the 10 inch screen but didn't want to spend the money on the mount without knowing if it would work.

Ipad mini 4 a do you Justice[emoji1474]

I tried a plastic holder that I bought online, but found it very unstable. I made this holder for my Samsung Tab A from some scrap wood and velcro. Not winning any awards , but very stable . Works great if you don't care about the velcro on back of your tablet ?

Also, all the buttons, cables and ports are easily accessible above the holder arms . Full view of a 9.5 inch ( diagonal ) screen

I also used it with my Samsung S9+. Just bought a second case for the phone when using it to fly. So the velcro is only on the cheap case.

So simple , you almost don't need to measure !

A rather basic video, but you get the idea ;

Attachments

• 20190122_044919.jpg
    20190122_044919.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20190122_044936.jpg
    20190122_044936.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 20190122_045011.jpg
    20190122_045011.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
I have used both the Tab E 10" and the Tab S2 9.7" although it was a pain in the butt figuring out how to get the S2 working properly it is well worth it. Not a chance I am going to buy some Apple garbage to fly.

Has anyone had luck using the Samsung tab A with there Magic Air?

My Samsung Tab A has served me well up till now. I have both GO4 and Litchi installed with
no problems other than usual with all these electronic devices!! - I recommend that you delete any unused apps etc and turn on flight mode when using the Tab A (For FPV flying)

My Samsung Tab A has served me well up till now. I have both GO4 and Litchi installed with
no problems other than usual with all these electronic devices!! - I recommend that you delete any unused apps etc and turn on flight mode when using the Tab A (For FPV flying)
Hi Mereflyer, by flight mode you mean airplane mode? Do i just use the tab A cord and plug it into the bottom of the RC?

I have used both the Tab E 10" and the Tab S2 9.7" although it was a pain in the butt figuring out how to get the S2 working properly it is well worth it. Not a chance I am going to buy some Apple garbage to fly.
You've been able to get the E to work?
Something Samsung has on mine blocks the app from grabbing the USB, unless it does so within a minute of bootup.

Happened with my P3 on Go3 and M2 on Go4.
Ended up getting an S3. I get app crashes, but at least it connects reliably.

Hi Mereflyer, by flight mode you mean airplane mode? Do i just use the tab A cord and plug it into the bottom of the RC?

Yes Frickster - I meant airplane mode, (We use flight mode in Australia) Yes correct about using the bottom USB port. I also have an extra battery plugged into the small port - works well on GO4, many flights the controller is still 100% after 8 minute flight. Litchi not so compatible with extra battery though!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny