DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Tab S8 hookup difficulties

Gerald

Reactions
Ozzie pilot needs help to reliably connect my Samsung Tab S8, could anyone please offer a method ?
I have previously had it hooked up?
I have reloaded DJI software and can hookup to cheep smart phone ok.
I just like to use the bigger screen.

Thank you Gerald

Which port are you using on the controller to plug it in? I use the big USB port on the bottom of the controller, and pull the plug out of the side port.

I have tried both, but prefer the sub as it easier.
Yes also don't have the side port in use.
I even bought a high speed cable, but not difference,!

yes it will often flash repeatedly a message tghst can not be accessed or overpriced?

I used to use it, so the S8 can work with DJI?

yes it will often flash repeatedly a message tghst can not be accessed or overpriced?

I used to use it, so the S8 can work with DJI?
I've never tried an S8, I have used Tab A, Tab S3, and now using a Tab S4 without issue. The S3 would get confused sometimes when I'd plug in the RC. I'd have to go into Android and manually select the USB mode. I think "MIDI" would get it talking to the RC. The S3 also seemed more stable with USB debugging enabled in the developer options.

Sorry guys, just realised i mistakenly said my Galaxy is S8 it is an S2 which is 8inches of course. Not sure if that has confused many ☺ or effected your feedback.

Sorry guys, just realised i mistakenly said my Galaxy is S8 it is an S2 which is 8inches of course. Not sure if that has confused many [emoji5] or effected your feedback.
The Tab S2 and the Tab A are pretty similar with the S3 being the better of course. They both run on the same version of Android. I will plug my tab A into the RC tomorrow and see if I notice any peculiarities.

First thing to do is go to settings, applications, then scroll to Go4 and select. In Go4 tap on defaults and remove any defaults.
Now while in settings scroll down to Developer Options. (if no developer option then then search Google on how to activative on Android). In developer options, turn on "USB debugging" and further down also turn on in USB configuration "MTP protocol"

Now start go4 app and on first page tap the bars top right and turn on USB debugging.
Close app.
Now connect cable to RC and start RC.
As long as DJI Go4 is only drone app installed (ie no litchi or Drone Deploy etc) then Go4 should invoke with a box asking for permission. Say yes this time only or always if only Go4. Good for restarts in case of app crash.
Good luck.
Note~you can only have one app for drone on a Samsung device. Ie Go4, litchi or Drone Deploy etc. You CANNOT have 2 or more at same time or they will conflict and neither will start or run.
There is one way around it but that's another thread.

Last edited:
I don't think a Samsung Tab S8 exists. There are Samsung Tabs (S, S2, S3 and S4) each with 8-inch and (about) 10-inch versions. And then there are S8 and S8+ smartphones. I have an S8+ smartphone and an S2 (9.7") tablet. The S8+ runs DJI GO4 and Litchi without major problems. The only problem is that the phone tends to favor Litchi over DJI GO4 and sometimes sets it as the default app for the Mavic 2 controller. If that happens, and I wish to run DJI Go4, I have to revoke all defaults in Settings.

The Tab S2 is a much more troublesome device. Firstly, there are several different variants. Mine is T819, for which I wrote a lengthy recipe here:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 – repeated success! (Model T819)

Note: my Tab S2 instructions involve both DJI GO4 and Litchi, plus Goggles RE, coupled to the same M2P. Naturally you can omit one of the control apps and/or the Goggles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnmcl7
It would be useful to know which Tab S2 it is exactly, the model number should be written on the box or in settings in the about section.

The Tab S2 and the Tab A are pretty similar with the S3 being the better of course. They both run on the same version of Android. I will plug my tab A into the RC tomorrow and see if I notice any peculiarities.
Ottodawg, did you get a hookup OK with your Tab A?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem