DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung tablet A

Steve K

Reactions
Any word when they might come out with a patch for other Tablet makers? My Samsung Tablet A keeps crashing in the middle of flights, very scary..

I was using a note 4 and was having the same issue, my phone would just shut off, being brand new to flying drones it freaked me out, after shaking in fear for a few minutes that I just probably lost my drone I remembered the return home button and it did just that...Phew! Right now I'm using an old Samsung tab 4 with no issues.

I was using a note 4 and was having the same issue, my phone would just shut off, being brand new to flying drones it freaked me out, after shaking in fear for a few minutes that I just probably lost my drone I remembered the return home button and it did just that...Phew! Right now I'm using an old Samsung tab 4 with no issues.
Yeah, thats about what happen to me, fortunately the last time it happened I hit that return home button and it came right back, thought for sure i lost my new drone lol.

Reactions: jsurm
My Tab A worked after I backed it back down to an older version as described in the links above. I got tired of that tho as there was still flutters of bad video during flight, glitches etc., so I bought a Huawei. No problems since- model in my sig

My Tab A worked after I backed it back down to an older version as described in the links above. I got tired of that tho as there was still flutters of bad video during flight, glitches etc., so I bought a Huawei. No problems since- model in my sig
Im not taking any more chances, Going to find an Ipad I guess..

How is it in bright sun?

Any word when they might come out with a patch for other Tablet makers? My Samsung Tablet A keeps crashing in the middle of flights, very scary..

Try turning on USB debugging in Android. I have a new Tab S3 and the app crashed on the 1st flight, turned on USB debugging and it hasn't happened since. With that said it has only been 3 flights.

Try turning on USB debugging in Android. I have a new Tab S3 and the app crashed on the 1st flight, turned on USB debugging and it hasn't happened since. With that said it has only been 3 flights.
Ya know, unfortunately I have have lost all confidence with it and there might be a fix but since I dont trust it its jist not worth it. I did t want to have to get an apple product but since alot of pilots here use apple and seem to prefer it, Instead

Do a search on issues Apple first. They are not without problems either. Look over the list of displays recommended in the links provided above ( Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help )
and then make a educated decision. I ended up with this (currently out of stock) and LOVE the screen.
Huawei MediaPad T3 8" 53019411 Qualcomm MSM8917 (1.40 GHz) 2 GB Memory 16 GB Flash Storage 1280 x 800 Tablet Android 7.0 (Nougat) + EMUI 5.1 (US Warranty) - Newegg.com and it was a lil' over $100usd

Six more flights today and app still hasn't crashed. S3 is working flawlessly now.

I purchased my M2P and decided to purchase a Samsung Tab A to be dedicated to the M2P. I could stat the M2P but everytime I would try to take off it would crash the tablet. I went inside and got my Samsung Tab S2 and tried it. I flew around home for a while and everything was fine. I took off towards the back of the pasture, dropped behind some sparse trees and was flying FPV to check some cows. Suddenly the Tab S2 crashed. The M2P RTH before I could get the Tab S2 up and running the app again. My friends at Best Buy were more than happy to take back the Tab A. I was having trouble seeing the screen of both of the Samsung tablets in any sunlight so I ordered a CrystalSky Ultra. Hoping to fix both problems. "fingers crossed" My hope is that the totally dedicated CrystalSky will restart a lot faster if it does crash than a tablet that has all the bloatware. Also it is Ultra bright. So far I believe it is the fastest starting tablet I have ever seen. That tells you something about all the bloatware on general tablets.

FWIW, I've been using different iPhones (7 Plus/X), and iPads (mini 4 and iPad 2018) since I got my M1P at its release and I have never had Go4 crash on any of them when flying the M1 and M2P.

Reactions: drrjv
FWIW, I've been using different iPhones (7 Plus/X), and iPads (mini 4 and iPad 2018) since I got my M1P at its release and I have never had Go4 crash on any of them when flying the M1 and M2P.
I've used my Samsung S8+ prefer the AMOLED Display with 1020nit max
Officially AMOLED Displays provide true depth of colour now even Apple admit out performs the conventional LCD iPhone Display.
Apples iPhone X being the first high end iPhone to have a Samsung Manufactured AMOLED .
In as far as Software goes you'll find Android features in DJI Crystalsky Monitor and now DJI Smart Controller

I’m sticking with my iPad Mini 4 and iPhone Xs Max (which I’ve been using more these days due to size and brighter screen)

How is it in bright sun?
I made my own sunshade, same as I did for the Tab I made a smaller one for the Huawei since the sizes are slightly different. I have a MavMount and love it so I didn't want to buy another sized sun shade I made my own. Pretty simple to do.

It's not the best video I've ever done but I think it gets the point across-

Reactions: ottodawg and ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique