DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Tablet issues

Outback Epicurean

Reactions
Hi Everyone

New to this forum and hope I can get some help from experienced users. Have a Mavic Pro and have been using it OK with Samsung Galaxy S6 phone.

Saw how people were using tablets with bigger screens so decided to hook up my 2016 Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Fits all OK and works well to control the drone but no camera signal. Tried both the normal USB connection at the bottom of the controller and the mini USB on the side but no camera images.

What am I missing? Any help appreciated

FWIW, i have the same config and its fine, i use the full size usb on the rc and bought a short cheap cable with a right angle on the the tablet end, BUT you must unplug the left side connector cable completley

Reactions: Thomas B
Does the tab a use a micro usb port, or type c? Try changing the usb charge cable settings on the tablet. I use a Tab S4, and I just bought the wife the Tab A for her to fly with si this is not good news for me! Please keep me posted!

I have a Galaxy Tab A6 so tested it out, haven't flown with it as I don't have a bracket but it looks like it will be OK, everything connects if I use either USB port on the controller.
The Tab has micro USB and I have male micro to male micro cable & male micro to female USB so tested both options.

Make sure you unplug the Micro usb on the side of the controller when using the bottom plug. And this is a good one!!!!! Make sure you switch to Auto with the camera. Sometimes the screen is blank because the manual settings don't actually show what the camera shows because they are way off. The other thing with the Tabs is you have to make sure the controller and the drone are fully connect and after that you connect the Tab and restart it. THEN it usually connects correctly.

Reactions: Thomas B
Make sure you unplug the Micro usb on the side of the controller when using the bottom plug. And this is a good one!!!!! Make sure you switch to Auto with the camera. Sometimes the screen is blank because the manual settings don't actually show what the camera shows because they are way off. The other thing with the Tabs is you have to make sure the controller and the drone are fully connect and after that you connect the Tab and restart it. THEN it usually connects correctly.
Sounds like a few things to follow up here. Will try and report back on progress. Many thanks for the ideas

Sounds like a few things to follow up here. Will try and report back on progress. Many thanks for the ideas
Well tried all these ideas and still no camera view. When I connect the tablet with the micro USB to the RC bottom plug, it seems to assume that the Drone it is trying to charge the tablet as a red faulty charging icon appears in the battery indicator. I think the tablet needs to be configured so that it recognises another device is using the micro USB but no idea how to do this. Any further ideas much appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming