DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Santa gave me a Mini 2 Fly More combo... charging 3 batteries and the controller takes HOURS! Any 3rd party method to speed it up?

The charger charges one battery at a time instead of all at once! Grrr!
Are you sure you are using the supplied USB wall-adapter? To charge at a decent speed, the battery charger needs
a "PD type" USB Power Adapter. These start with voltages higher than a regular USB wall charger will put out.
Regular USB wall chargers only put out 5 volts, and will charge at a snails pace. A PD rated wall adapter can put
out voltages as high as 20 volts.
REF:

So using ANY other random USB outlet or wall charger may result in YAWN, dreadful charing times.

If you use a PD wall adapter, or of course, the one supplied by DJI, charging is rather quick.
You can also use one of the newest 2020 "PD rated" USB Battery Banks, to charge in the field.

Happy Holidays.

Reactions: WYN Air
If you have another QC/PD charger (both work for fast charging) you can charge a battery in the aircraft at the same time. And if you have any random USB-C phone charger you can charge the remote with that.

I have several of the high powered wall warts for usb c stuff. I use one with a USB C cable to charge a battery while in the drone, one for the charger with 2 of the batteries in it, and one wall wart to charge the controller. You can also get the high power chargers to plug into the accessory port in your car to charge the batteries reasonably quick while driving if needed. Things charge quick if you charge the multiple things at once.

The remote does have a big battery, bigger than the other Mavics, so that will take a long time to charge.

According to the manual, it takes 4 hours to charge.

But it will last a long time between charges.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229